please help, 379 hot rods stroker

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
plan on it tomorrow, pretty sure i left out a spacer somewhere but i don't know where they go because they fell off when i took it apart because i was unaware they were in there

Your missing a washer/wear disc/spacer whatever you wanna call it, goes on the clutch end of said loose shaft. PITA to get on an in. Also, you must be turning the trans to make it cycle the gears. Also, did you notice the shift forks were numbered? They only work one way. Ive had these things apart multiple times, start by rotating the trans and shifting at the same time.

I was missing a spacer in there and have to replace a needle bearing on one of the gears

Let me guess, the set of gears in the bottom left corner of the left side case (if that is the side you left the gears in). I think it is called the countershaft gears???? Can't remember. I had to replace one bearing in mine.

That's the one. Wouldn't turn on the shaft, pulled shaft out wouldn't go back in the one side just replacing them both

After I get that bottom end should be good. I have a question about my head gasket. If I'm boring my cylinder can i just trim the gasket or do I have to buy the overbore gaskets? I already bought a gasket kit

If I'm not mistaken the standard gasket will fit stock bore to 84mm (.040") bore. .060"-.080" requires a different gasket.

Could some one tell me where the ground wire for the battery connects to?

image_zps7f738069.jpg
sorry for the slow reply, it goes on a case bolt above the sprocket

Thanks for the pic. I went to try to start it and it doesn't do anything at all I hear a click when I turn the key on and that is all it does. Any suggestions

Make sure the nuts are tight if the beast doesn't start then. Put a screwdriver or something metal across the two bolts and if it runs then your relay is bad. Hope that makes sense

Latest posts

Back