please help, 379 hot rods stroker

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok im new to messing with the internal engine parts. i have what i believe is a 91 warrior. i want to put in the hot rods +4mm crank(379cc). i am unsure on what piston to get. hot rods says you have to use their piston(P3001), i know you can use other pistons as i have seen it on this site. i am doing this as a senior project and could use any info you can offer. so my question is what piston would go best with the stroker for the price, i have found the hot rods piston for about $105. would this piston be sufficient for my build?
Get a wiseco piston thats the best piston for the 379!

Last edited:
no its not vertex's piston for the hotrods kit are junk they are like 9.2:1

Last edited:
Lmao Whoops sorry miss print I meant wiseco was talking to a customer about stock pistons for his moto 4!To much stuff on my mind lmao had all you guys pantys in a bunch!!

How fast are these striker motors?

Fast. I haven't gotten to run mine much. Only taken it around the shop so far. But, with 15/40 gears and 21s out back, it ****** moves! With that tall a gearing and tires it accelerates better then a stock or mildly built machine with 14/40 and 20s.

Would a carb off a 400ex work on my warrior?

Probably. But, you are better off with an FCR if you want a badass mofo!

So i got my transmission in and case put back together. Should in be able to shift through the gears? When i try to it only goes through one gear and one of the shafts moves. Could someone please tell me what shafts have spacers on them because I feel I missed one.

http://youtu.be/7rZJKvDteEE

Last edited:
You could have the forks in wrong. Best thing to do is NOT to bolt the cases together. That way you can shift through the gears to make sure that the shift drum & forks are working, gears are meshing, and countershaft (front sprocket) is turning with each shift. If you have a Clymer repair manual it explains it all in the bottom end section.

i posted a link to a video i took of what its doing, dont know how to embed it lol. i know there should be spacers on some but i think i got one missing. i have some kind of manual in .pdf form dont think its clymer though.

http://youtu.be/7rZJKvDteEE

Last edited:
Back