Oil

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im still trying to find out what works best wit my conditions... i used Honda, Yamalube, and castrol Syntehtic... and i asked the guys at the yamaha dealer and they said the honda oil would be fine... but right now im with yamalube because it lasts longer.. or atleast from what ive done...

Usually I use Valvoline atv/motorcycle oil, but when I don't get a chance to go to Auto Zone which is a 40 minute drive I just get silkolene at the local shop. Both seem to work about the same

amsoil, it's really not that expensive, maybe spending $1-2 more a quart. I bought a case awhile ago for like $80 or so with 12 in it I think. **** is goood!

amsoil, it's really not that expensive, maybe spending $1-2 more a quart. I bought a case awhile ago for like $80 or so with 12 in it I think. **** is goood!

Not that expensive? Amsoil is 10-12 a quart, vs 3.19 for valvoline! The warrior's engine is old technology, there's really no reason it needs the most advanced oil on the market. Something like a yfz would benefit from higher grade oil, but there's warriors around here from the 80's that are still on the original top end, clutch, and everything else just running cheap motorcycle oil.

It's just nuts to spend $40 on an oil change!

[quote:dd7thjee]amsoil, it's really not that expensive, maybe spending $1-2 more a quart. I bought a case awhile ago for like $80 or so with 12 in it I think. **** is goood!

Not that expensive? Amsoil is 10-12 a quart, vs 3.19 for valvoline! The warrior's engine is old technology, there's really no reason it needs the most advanced oil on the market. Something like a yfz would benefit from higher grade oil, but there's warriors around here from the 80's that are still on the original top end, clutch, and everything else just running cheap motorcycle oil.

It's just nuts to spend $40 on an oil change![/quote:dd7thjee]

6.50 a quart here, and if you ran it once you would see why we like it so much, jsut the diffrence in the way it shifts and etc will make you want to spend the money

DONT RUN CAR OILS, ESPEICALLY NOT SYNTHETIC ONES

Thats one of the worst things for a your cltuches.

Amsoil for me as well. I've had too many motorcycle/atv shops tell me that it is all they'll use. Figure they know more than I do...lol.

I use yamalube. never had any problems out of it. I see no reason to spend more money on oil when yamalube has always worked just fine...

i run whatever my dad is putting into his truck.. never gave me a problem but thats because its a 25 year old quad, I would buy better oil if i got a new one

I'd like to try the amsoil, but **** that for the $10/quart it costs here. I don't care how smooth it shifts, it feels fine with my cheap oil, and $40 is enough for 4 oil changes in my car!

i run maxima oil. started with the normal maxima atv oil, then went to the semi-synthetic. might go on to the full synthetic after the next oil change or 2. i have to agree that you shouldnt use automotive oil in a quad. yamarider, you can change the oil in your car for $10?! wish i could do that in my truck. only synthetic for my baby (and 6 ****** quarts of it too!). i used royal purple once, but it hurt my wallet so badly that i literally almost cried! anyway, maxima is a good oil as well (havent used amsoil, though) and is a fairly good price.

yamarider, you can change the oil in your car for $10?!

Hell yeah, dude! About $7 for 4 quarts of valvoline high mileage, and a $3 purolator filter gets the job done for me.

Back