no spark??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
91warrior357 said:
ok say your fuse and fuse holder is fine? its not blown? you should replace it anyway to make sure...but the relays themself id ont think you can buy them separate youll have to buy new harness....but just fix the existing wiring...

You can by the relay seperate from the wiring harness, but I would check to see if you have power to the relay first.. both switched and main.

thanks guys im gonna have to try all that. and when i get home im gonna download the manual and hopefully get this thing going

yea makes sense now cuz i dont know half the shiat about wiring on the warriors...so what your saying jason makes all sense now thanks for clearing it up...he should know what to do its all you now if you cant figure it out i guess you gotta pay an expert you dont wanna cause more probs then there already is...if ya got any more questions we will answer them best we can...

thanks guys i have a tester so hopefully i find out where the problem is where do i find the manual on the site? jasonp said its under the help but i get nothing if anyone can throw a link that would be great

ok guys tested everything stator and everything is fine i believe its the cdi would do this? so if anyone that wants to sell just say it not looking to spend a fortune though

89shee said:
ok guys tested everything stator and everything is fine i believe its the cdi would do this? so if anyone that wants to sell just say it not looking to spend a fortune though

did you test everything in the starting ignition circuit?

i tested the fuse, the coi,l stator which had great power. i had the light thingy to tell you if it was working or not . not how many ohms it was putting out. i have to clue how to test the cdi or rectifier???that link thats suppost to be for the manual comes to a page and says the page does not exist.

yea everything else seems to be fine i tested the coil and for some reason it was grounding out. its not suppost to rite? i put on a coil which i had laying around and the same exact thing happened. my pops said the only thing he could think of was the cdi or the rectifier because that was the only thing we had no clue on how to test.

Did you ever find the problem with your spark . I to have that same problem , I hit a water hole and it died , dried it out real good in my garage , still no spark . There is no battery in this machine so I pop start it or use the pull rope . The headlight comes on so I'm guessing the statter is ok . 1 day of ownership and I killed it . Sad warrior rider.

no i never found the problem. i got real frustrated and sold it one day.

I bought it and found several issues with it. I got a cdi off ebay because it didn't come with one, but it still didn't have spark after i installed it. I found the spark plug boot was open and the pick up coil tested bad. I also found a broken connector on the wire going from the revers lever to the starter relay. Replaced the ign coil and boot with a used one from ebay, a new pick up coil from ricky stator, and fixed the connector and it started right up.
Hope this helps.

trailtender said:
Did you ever find the problem with your spark . I to have that same problem , I hit a water hole and it died , dried it out real good in my garage , still no spark . There is no battery in this machine so I pop start it or use the pull rope . The headlight comes on so I'm guessing the statter is ok . 1 day of ownership and I killed it . Sad warrior rider.
Today is a great day , I have spark . I bought a book and read through it then went out to check it out , and it was the first test I did , the coil . and the green wire that hooks to the shift lever , happy warrior rider again .

today i was messing with it and theres 2 little black boxes under the left fender and one of the wires ripped out from it put it in and the nuetral light came on took it out and it shut off . well my retard brother took the wire that came out of it and stuck it to the celenoid.it sparked and that was it tried puching the button and nothing!! the nuetral light wont turn on or anything now im just getting further and further back from the problem. does anyone have any clue what im talking about> or whats it called and what does it do? i wanna get this thing going fast because i have a riding trip this weekend... ughh
listen,the two boxes next to the starter relay are 1.)reverse switch...2.)neutral switch.first you should purchase a manual,then check your on-off switch on left handle bar!!! bad ground can be there.....then chang your fuse anyway!!! if this fails do continuity tests................good luck

Back