No power with throttle

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I would look into the accel pump. It could be that the jet that squirts the fuel is pointed towards the air box. I had this on a warrior carb, and I ended up jb welded it in it's correct posistion because the threads were stripped.

mine was spraying a fine mist of fuel towards the airbox, my float was set too high for one thing, and my intake valve was adjusted waaayyy too tight not allowing it to be closed properly, resulting in compression being blown back thru the carb, adjusted float height, and valves and the fuel mist is gone now.

i think the accel pump squires more of a stream then a fine mist, thats the only reason i think his problem may be float height

True, but... if the accel pump boot has a crack, split, or is torn, it won't develope enough pressure to squirt the fuel, and would be more likely to make a misting. Also, while running it's sucking in air, so the air grabs the fuel and atomizises it, so it would be more of a mist than a stream. But, you have a very possible cenario, ranger.

This carb is a little different it doesn't have that jet that squirts in its got three pinholes in the bottom of the intake between the butterfly valve and the slider I'm assuming it's aftermarket with the twist throttle that came on it

Last edited:
My 02 was just doing the same thing not 10 mins ago and I went out wiggled the sensor on the clutch perch and fired it up ran like a dream.

Some one did say it might be a limiter and the wolverine doesn't have clutch but.....

Last edited:
:argh: it's was an F'ING switch thank you ms warrior and every one else for your input I was so wrapped up in the carb

Last edited:
mine was doing the same thing...i took it to a shop and they said it was a intake valve sticking.....it will spray gas on your hand on the back of the carb...and when you lightly tap the gas it will bog down and want to shut off the only way i could keep mine running was to keep it full throttle....so my guess is u have a stuck intake valve.

Glad you got it figured out. Had the switch in the back of my mind, but didn't think that the wolverine had one, being that it is a semi auto clutch.

Glad you got it figured out. Had the switch in the back of my mind, but didn't think that the wolverine had one, being that it is a semi auto clutch.

Yeah there's two switches that run into the left leaver (rear brake) that look identical to the switch On the clutch. when i pulled them out it was all gummed up with junk so I emptied half a can of carb clean and she reved like it should, so I disconnected by passed and ran her tonight 4x4 works and never failed me thanks again man I'll try and get some pics posted in off topic by the end of the weekend

:argh: it's was an F'ING switch thank you ms warrior and every one else for your input I was so wrapped up in the carb

No problem man I'm just happy with my very limited experience with this bike I was able to help someone out. I did the same as you tore the carb all apart and still didn't fix anything got on here and was reading one of the forums and just clicked, glad your got it going good man.

no lol on 2 stroke quads they had the T.O.R.S. system which stands for throttle overide system which if it failed goodbye well running 2 stroke lol

DAM, i was gonna say that, but whatta i know:eek: Ya'll had me wrap up in carb too:loco:

They have the tors on the yfz, too. Good thing about 1st gens, only have a clutch inhibitor switch.

All i know for the amount of headaches caused by the electrical systems on these thing I wish I could scrap it all and just have a motor that turns and lights wired to the battery. Unfortunately some ass hole forgot to double check his equipment and now safety regs require a cover your a** .... I hate electrical junk

DAM, i was gonna say that, but whatta i know:eek: Ya'll had me wrap up in carb too:loco:

Really how else would a guy know it's a switch lol it starts fine idles fine give it throttle and problems start... Sounds like a fuel air problem to me, and according to the service manual it's a carb issue to. Nothing about a damn safety switch Like I said earlier disconnected it no problems.. For shits and giggles though, today I hooked it back up, and it started doing it again. lol. Time to get the snips

Now to sort out my rear brake:loco:

Back