No power with throttle

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dodgewarrior

Reaction score
I know it's not a yfm350 but it is a 2002, maybe someone will know something on this, my wolverine is running rich I have fuel coming out my intake it idles but the second I give any throttle it bogs down and spits a little fuel out the intake helpbon this please also I've pulled the carb apart to clean it, it hasn't helpped did find out I have 144 jet is this stock

You don't have to remove the float to bend the tab. Just take a very small regular screw driver and GENTLY pry it up or down. First thing first, find out what the float level is supposed to be, and adjust from there. If you find that the float level is okay, you probably need a needle and seat. Could also be that your float has a hole and is taking on fuel and it litterally can't float. Test that by taking the float off and shaking it near your ear, maybe you'll hear the fuel sloshing in it, or submerge it in a bucket of water to watch for bubbles.

02 wolverine is a yfm I believe. The new ugly ass wolverine didn't come out it 04 I think. 1st gen wolverines are badass.

You don't have to remove the float to bend the tab. Just take a very small regular screw driver and GENTLY pry it up or down. First thing first, find out what the float level is supposed to be, and adjust from there. If you find that the float level is okay, you probably need a needle and seat. Could also be that your float has a hole and is taking on fuel and it litterally can't float. Test that by taking the float off and shaking it near your ear, maybe you'll hear the fuel sloshing in it, or submerge it in a bucket of water to watch for bubbles.

i will be sure to check that float first thing in the AM accordomg to my service manual my float level is 11.4-13.4 mm but it also says my jet is a 135, but the one i pulled out is a 144... so does the jet mak a difference in the float height?

listen to gen1 on this ... and ps it is a yfm350

lol service manual says yfm35fxg lol now im just splitting hairs haha but yes it is a 350.. signed up on a wolverine forum to think anyone has responded to a guy... nope think ill stay right here lol :tup:

02 wolverine is a yfm I believe. The new ugly ass wolverine didn't come out it 04 I think. 1st gen wolverines are badass.

totaly agree pat thats wwhy i bought the first gen as soon as shes in one piece ill post pics

ps im gonna post a video shortly, (if i can figure it out) that i took today of this issue

Last edited:
video

had to go through youtube

youll notice in the video that under slight throttle she revs fine but once i give it any sort of juice it just wants to sputter but doesnt die i switched it off.. that clunk was a wrench falling off the fender on the other side lol

and if you look closely youll see the warrior in the back :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZQLc-pFVc4&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
had to go through youtube

youll notice in the video that under slight throttle she revs fine but once i give it any sort of juice it just wants to sputter but doesnt die i switched it off.. that clunk was a wrench falling off the fender on the other side lol

and if you look closely youll see the warrior in the back :D

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos_edit?ns=1&video_id=QZQLc-pFVc4

You have to post the video tag from the video page.. You posted it from your video manager, so it'll just go to the video manager of the person trying to watch it.. lol

Well checked the float it's good recleaned all the jets new fuel 89octane I figured what the hell and still same problem

The main wouldn't do it. So it's flooding the air box, but not coming out of the overflow in the bottom?

I wouldn't say it's flooding the air box but if you put your hand infront of the carb you can feel a slight spray an d when you choke it off with your hand well it's very wet lol

(that's what she said)

you can feel a slight spray, and when you choke it off with your hand well it's very wet lol

(that's what she said)

lmao

I'm going to have to say it's a pin hole in the accelerator pump.. :iagree:
Score a rebuild kit, and go threw the carb, then see what you have?

Would the throttle off a warrior fit that?? I have a spare kick'n around if you wanna go back to the thumb throttle.

Last edited:
lmao

I'm going to have to say it's a pin hole in the accelerator pump.. :iagree:
Score a rebuild kit, and go threw the carb, then see what you have?

Would the throttle off a warrior fit that?? I have a spare kick'n around if you wanna go back to the thumb throttle.

to the best of my knowledge it would, i thought about pullling mine off the warrior but im sure mines jetted to the 400 bore, looking at the carb in my manual its the same as the one on the warrior. only diffierence is the mount. the worrior bolts on and the wolverine is fitted into a rubber hose that clamps around.. im sure i could make it work and would love a thumb throttle that twist throttle is weird for what ive got to use of it so far... so how much lol pm me details if you wnat man

Back