needed a trail quad

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not as much as I would like, Ive rode it once since September, just a test and tune with its new engine mods. The Mrs. tore her rotator cuff in a head on ATV accident in August, and she had surgery on it at the end of September. Now we are just waiting for the ok to ride from her DR.

Yeah she is good. We got the ok from her DR. today to ride so we are heading out sunday. This was sooner than I expected... Ive got my 400ex tore down for the 440 kit, so Im going to have to try to trail ride the LT. This will suck with the full drag port :mad: Im going to have to keep it reved since I have no bottom end power ::) People are probably going to be yelling at me to shift all the time lol, either that or they will be saying " Look at this idiot trying to trail ride a drag quad" ;D

A drag port is a radical porting job done to the intake, exhaust ports. Its meant for WOT riding like in drag racing. It kills your bottom end since its meant to give you all your power in the mid to high range. So I have to take off at 3/4 throttle and above and dump the clutch or it bogs down and runs like crap till I can get the RPM's up high enough to get on the pipe, then it takes off like a raped ape. So I'll need to ride around in a low gear to keep it in the powerband, otherwise it will be a lame duck and I'll be fouling plugs left and right. I admit though that it is fun lugging it up to the powerband, no matter how hard you hold on and how hard you squeze the quad with your legs, when you hit the powerband your ass slides backwards on the seat 2-3 inches ;D Im afraid to have anybody else ride it cause my luck they would lug it and not be holding on tight when they hit the powerband and end up falling off and wrecking my quad :mad:

Back