needed a trail quad

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2kwarrior

Reaction score
Well I finally got to ride my LT250R with its drag port and other goodies. Its fast as hell and will do what I want it to do out on the dunes. But now its not rideable on trails, since the bottom end is no longer there, so I cant putt around. So today I went and picked me up a 99 400ex. Just ordered the parts I need for the 440cc and when they show up I'll send the jug off to be machined and the new sleeve put in. And here it is, these pics were taken at the previous owners house. Ill get some pics of all 3 of the quads together here soon

400ex-3.jpg

400ex-2.jpg

400ex.jpg

:eek: Jeez quads are cheap down there in the US. For $2000 I bought this beat up '99 warrior, and even that was a good deal. The cheapest I've ever seen a 400EX was $3000.

Yeah, and the west coast is usually the most expesive part of the country when it comes to quad prices. This quad does need some work though. I need to put in new carrier bearings, new brake pads, and need new rear tires, since the ones on it are basically racing slicks.

looks nice for a 99..the 99 400ex i bought in august cost me $1500 but it had a few little problems..but it was still a damn good price..becareful with the 440 kit..they blow headgaskets like crazy..and your gunna wanna get some heavy duty head bolts.

looks nice for a 99..the 99 400ex i bought in august cost me $1500 but it had a few little problems..but it was still a damn good price..becareful with the 440 kit..they blow headgaskets like crazy..and your gunna wanna get some heavy duty head bolts.

Yep without the headbolt mod you will go thru headgaskets like crazy, but the guy doing my machine work on the jug is doing the mod and is giving me a 5 year written warrenty against blow out caused by the 440 kit. I just have to keep the head torqued. That mod is costing me $130, and the machining of the jug and installing the sleeve is costing me $100. Luckily the guy doing my machine work is a member of our club so I know the warrenty will be upheld, plus he is helping do the build,

Well here are some older pics after the rebuild. It still basically thie same, havent changed the seat yet. headlight is now gone and has polished V-bars on it with new grips. Oh and that piece of crap rad valve is gone,since I switched to the vforce reeds I had to get a LT500R intake boot. And I put my chrome silencer back on. I'll post some new pics of all 3 quads once the weather turns nice again, or at least with less rain.

103_1564.jpg

103_1561.jpg

103_1560.jpg

I need to get my extended swinger back on the LT now, The front doesnt like to stay down. I need to go get the cracks welded and braced for the hard launches.

Good deal on that 400ex! I paid 1600 for my Warrior, but practically everything on it was brand new. (because the guy who previously owned it worked at a yamaha dealer so he got good deals) But that 400ex looks like it's in great shape from the pictures.

If ya ever wanna sell that bumper on the ex let me know..

I'll let ya know, Im unsure if I like it yet or not. The extra weight on the front might be nice though.

yeah..and there stong as hell..and when theres a slow rider in front of you..that bumper works really well..I watched a guy at the races in the A class come up behind a lapper and get rite on his ass then grab his front brakes and put the point of that bumper right in through the guys grab bar and push him right out the way..actually lifted the rear of the guys quad up

Hey 97warriorrider here are some updated pics of the quadracer, I just put the new seat cover on Monday

100_1780.jpg

100_1779.jpg

100_1778.jpg

100_1776.jpg

Back