Need advise from you experts

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK guys I'm back. Received my stator from RMStator yesterday. I used my Fluke DMM to check the new one to make sure it ohm'd out correctly and all I get is 0 ohms on one plug and 547 ohm's on the second set. If I read it correctly then this new one is no better then the one already in the quad? Is there a special way to ohm out the plugs other then stick the leads into the plug? Also do I need to drain the oil out before I take the stator cover off?

Since this will be the first oil change since ownership what brand do you guys use for oil and weight? Mainly Spring Summer & Fall use with a few Winter time romps? How long between oil changes do you guys go as well.

Don't wana go offtopic but where in iowa are u from? I'm down in the southeast region

yeah i was goign to say you could just tip the fourwheeler on its size AND be very careful to not drop anything into the big hole that you expose, but if you have never changed the oil now would be a great time

I live on the NE side of Cedar Rapids. Looks like I'll be doing an oil change as well as the stator this weekend. Probably need to do it anyways since I don't know when the previous owner change it last since I bought it last Fall. Getting tired of dumping money in this thing and would like to ride it. Toys are fun aren't they.

I would like to give a big shout out to all you guys on this site. If it wasn't for sites like this one and people like you I wouldn't have gotten my quad running again. I installed the stator today and it fired right up and runs great so far. Thanks again guys and I hope I can help some of you out someday as I becomes more familiar with this thing. Hope to see some of you guys on the trails.

Thats what we're all here for. It also helps that it seems like 9 out of 10 wont starts are traced back to the stator. Thats just how durable these things are made. On the trails thing like I siad hit me up time, Im always up for a ride. By the way you gonna be able to make it to the midwest ride june 30th.

Back