Need advise from you experts

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gy67

Reaction score
I have a 2000 Warrior that has run good and been treated well by all previous owners (close friends with all of them) but since I bought it it has been a POS. I'll start from the beginning. Last Fall I tried to start it and all it would do is "click". Bought new battery still would only "click". I could tap on the starter with a screwdriver handle and the starter would try to turn over but then click after a revolution or two. Last weekend we could pull start it and it would run great until I killed it or shut it off and then I'd have to be pull started again. I bought a new starter last week and it turns over great but now it doesn't have any spark. I've tried a new plug but there is still no spark when I pull it out and hold it up against the cylinder. Am I now going to need to buy a CDI? If so is this one any good.

This an Alba Racing CDI "Rev Box" for the YAMAHA WARRIOR 350 YEARS 97 THRU 01 . Easily plugs in to the existing wiring harness.
PART # PE-C-AY350W-B
WARRANTY - 12 MONTH BY PROCOM ENGINEERING
UP TO 2 H.P. GAIN, BY SAFELY ADVANCING THE TIMING
INCREASES THE REV LIMIT BY 1000 RPM WHICH INCREASES THE TOP SPEED
IMPROVED THROTTLE RESPONSE AND EASIER STARTING

I'm just trying to figure out if I may have done something to it last week while pull starting it or what the heck is wrong with it now. Anyone have any advise?

x2 on the stator and CDI. The stator can be tested with a multimeter, CDI cannot.

Other free checks:
- Kill switch on bars for dirt/corrosion
- Bad primary wire(s) from stator or coil
- Bad spark plug wire from coil
- Any other bad grounds or connections

Looks like I'm in the market for a new CDI then after I check a couple things. does anyone have a preference on which CDI to buy? Has anyone used the one I have listed on my first post? I would like to order one by Monday so I can have by next weekend. Thanks again guys.

DONT GET A ALBA FROM PROCOM!!!!!!! what ever you do get a rm stator cdi they come with one year warrenties and r sweet build more power tourqe and throttle response and will never give you another min trouble well from the cdi anyways but ill bet you have a stator issue here use a multie metter and test the output from the dtator wires if you get any fire then its good

OK I'm gonna show my ingnorance here but where do the wires come out of the stator at on the quad. I've got a multimeter and know how to use it I just need to know where the wires are. Quad is not at my house currently so I'd like to make sure I'm checking the correct wires before I get there to test later today. Are they color coded by chance?

They come out of the left side of the motor. There will be 3 plugs the two you need to test are the ones that only have two wires coming out. If you dont have a manual yet, heres a link to it: . if you use that manual the things for testing the stator are around page 296.

Showing my ignorance once again, just hope I don't bore you guys to the point you quit giving me advise. I went over to where the quad is tonight and checked the ignition coil resistance and that all checked out great so I can take that off of the list. I then spent the next 20 min. trying to figure out where the 3 plugs are to check the stator and failed to figure that out. Can anyone help dial me into where they are? Am I going to have to take off the stator cover to find these wires. According to the link for the maint. manual it still isn't very clear to where they are. Am I going to have to take off the rear plastic, would that make it easier?

Once again this is for a 2000 Warrior.

Thanks again guys

no need to remove the stator cover, at the back upper half is where they come out of the stator coverright between the stator cove and the chain, they are all covered in a black plastic housing. Just follow them to the plugs and test from there. Mine is a 92 and only has 2 plugs. Here is a pic I pulled from online, you can see the plastice that houses the wires.
USS_1261.jpg

Last edited:
OK checked the stator tonight and found that one set of wires checked "open" while the other set checked out low at around 2 or 3 ohms. Does this mean a new stator is in order? If so does anyone recommend a particular place to buy from?

I tryed a ricky but the insolation on the wires coming out of the cover dried and cracked and broke th wires right after the 1 year mark

RM is outta canada. I had an issue with them and gettin my stator. Sent em the wrong one twice. Needless to say, I had to wait a while for it all, the finally overnighted the final right stator. I was happy after that.

the only problem I had with rmstator was there rubber plug had 2 extra holes in it for wires (it's made for all year warrior stators) and the plugs for them came out and I was leaking oil. I called them up and the tech told me I could either send it back and they waould fix it or I could just fill the holes with permatex. I filled the holes and let it set up for a day and problem solved. I would have sent it back but didn't want to have to wait for the shipping.

I just bought an RMStator and I would recommend them to anyone. The install didn't go without a hitch though. The grommet was installed to far down the wires leaving too much wire in the stator cover. I had to trim back the loom and slide the grommet down. The factory stator gives you about 12 inches of wire to plug into the harness where as RMStator gave me about 18 inches, I had to find a safe place to store the slack.

All of this trouble was worth it when the warrior fired on the first hit of the key!! Super strong spark.

Alright fella's I bought a stator & gasket kit. Not sure how long it will take to get to Iowa but I can't wait to get it installed. If I could get this quad running again I'll be a lot happier I bought it. Kind of tired of looking at non running hulk of metal in my garage. Thank again guys.

Back