My 87 Warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure what I want ..........One of those aluminum ones like you guys have............... ;D

I notice my options are limited...............The listings for 87 bumpers are differant than newer ones..............I dont know why .

Any of ya's know whats up with that?

87 and 88 had a different frame than the other years, so the bumpers don't bolt up the same. There are a few companies that make bumpers for them but not many, I know AC racing does, and DG does, and something makes me want to think that PRM makes one for the 87 too.

get a P'D coated black one to go with your rack, it looks sick, i dont care what anybody says, it looks sweet...i used to have a black one but it just looked dumb on my quad

nice but the rack is gay

No it's not gay. It's nifty when you're riding so like he said you can put food on it and drinks and what not. So don't bust on him for something he needs. It's not nice. Like the old saying, "If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say aything at all."

you should take the rack off and take some pics that thing is nice like the wheels bet its good for some xc

[quote:5vb8udmj]nice but the rack is gay

No it's not gay. It's nifty when you're riding so like he said you can put food on it and drinks and what not. So don't bust on him for something he needs. It's not nice. Like the old saying, "If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say aything at all."[/quote:5vb8udmj]
i agree, all ive seen of this rap guy is seeing him be a dick head, i liek the rack also, itd be nice to have for long rides.

[quote:xm2v1nfi]

No it's not gay. It's nifty when you're riding so like he said you can put food on it and drinks and what not. So don't bust on him for something he needs. It's not nice. Like the old saying, "If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say aything at all."
i agree, all ive seen of this rap guy is seeing him be a dick head, i liek the rack also, itd be nice to have for long rides.[/quote:xm2v1nfi]

if i didnt always have someone to ride with that had racks, i would probably get one of those. no, it's not sporty, but it does what you need it to do.

I personally dont like the look of the rack either.........

But its functional........... ;)

I think I have pics without the rack.............I'll postem up .

Yeah well i think the whole package looks very very good.....great job keeping up!!

And welcome :eek:

That rack seems to fit the style of your bike. It looks good on there. Thats one of the cleanest warriors I've ever seen. Nice.

Hey man-as an owner of a 87,I have to say that your quad is super-bad.Did you do a complete teardown and rebuild or is it just well taken care of or both?

The engine is original...........Except for a hot cam.
And the plasics are only a couple years old.

The swingarm is off a 2000 and I just spruced it up with a spritz of paint here n there. Otherwise I jusy try not to roll it down any hills as much!! Tryen to keeper looken sweet............. ;D

Have ya had to rebuild your 87 yet?

Everything except the trans,and my mechanic(lucky for me he is a Yamaha tech and a good budy)told me that all we needed was a clutch.I stipped it to the frame,sandblasted and painted it myself.I am real happy with it now.Before:
quadbefore-side.jpg

frame-before.jpg

Back