my 1996 Warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok so i put the DG RCM2 on and it is loud i love it but my parents dont like it good thing i dont have any very close neighbors but i have a few little things to adjust and put back on but i drove it a bit today and i love it. :atv:
i will try to post pics tomorrow.

acf6528e857063cb69d8deeeb59f0f75.jpg
5d15f4cc6769b3fb5dab5c4f805d3c16.jpg
670f64c186a8977f64a87a7c438034ea.jpg
e0255b4564276df8e4cec05a717344c9.jpg

ok so i put on a yz250 shifter dg rcm2 slip on and painted my tank cover and hodd red like it alot better than purple i am really satisfied with how my warrior is coming along i ordered some z400 heel guards and waiting for them i think next will be an extended axle and maybe some long travel 400 ex a arms and raptor 660 or yfz450 shocks but really likeing how this thing has come
7250ba74d9fae6ddef7d4a70e811cb35.jpg

and my custom dash not perfet but good enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I deff like the new look man I think this build will go far

yeah i want it to but i am kinda broke right now cause im only 15 and i need a job i had one last summer mowing grass for my uncle but he sold the business since my cousin past away and my cousin was doing most of the work

Well man it will come with time I had my bike for ever before I ever changed a thing on it yours will come around

Think you're low on money now, wait until you go to college lol. Haha, yeah man, the builds take time, don't expect to buy everything in one year. Your quad is coming along nicely though, so keep up the good work.

i know im just a little impatient but i have like 20 buck right noe but i was also wondering if any one had ever made the convertion brackets to run 660 shocks and or yfz 450 shock or should i go long travel 400 ex a arms i have seen both done on the forum but i was wondering which is easier or cheaper

Here's the lengths for the shocks you are interested in: raptor 660 (15.5"), yfz450 (~16.25"), yfz450x(~17"), or yfz450r(~18.25"). There are several things to consider when changing the shocks out for longer ones. Ideally, the extended and compressed lengths need to be correct in order to utilize the full travel of the shock and still have a safe amount of travel left in the balljoints. There are three setups I would recommend for you to look into.

First, would be the setup I am running on my bike: A diamond j kit at +2 setting, with raptor 660 front shocks. This setup will have close to the correct extended/compressed lengths, and ride considerably better than stock. This is also the cheapest option. (I have less than $100 in this setup, but you have to wait or the deals). The issue with the diamond j kit is that suspension geometry is effected negatively. Bump steer becomes a problem, and unless you are like 150lbs or less, the suspension will be too soft. (Luckily I'm light, so this setup works for me). Check my build thread for more information on this setup.

Second, would be aftermarket warrior a arms. With Fullflight +2 or +3 a arms, I believe you can run raptor 660 front shocks. Yfz450, yfz450x, or yfz450r shocks will fit with the Diamond J relocation kit. This kit however puts the shocks at very upright angle, effecting some of the shocks performance. Also, the extended and compressed lengths in this setup are way off from my observations. Geessfore runs a set up like this, you can look at his build thread for some pics of it.

The third setup would be 400ex long travel a arms. Reference Duneracerweston's "how to" thread for more information on this, but for this set up you must be willing to be +4 inches wide and throw done some serious cash. If I remember correctly, this set up will run the yfz450r front shock. Another similar option would be long travel 300ex a arms. These would mount the same as the 400ex arms, but only be +2 or +3, and most likely use the yfz450x front shock. However, this is also an expensive option.

One thing I would recommend you stay away from is running the Diamond J shock conversion kit with stock a arms. The shocks will be completely up right, and you will have all kinds of issues with extended and compressed lengths. Hopefully this answered all your questions, pm me if you have anything else you have questions on. Also, If anyone notices something I missed, please correct me.

Last edited:
ok thanks i still need to get thd money and stuff together i would like to do the 300 ex long travel with the 450x shocks i think but not ready to do it yet so i think i should be good but what if i get a set of 450x shocks and then make my own a arms because i can weld and my sisters boyfriend is a certified welder

Making your own a arms is cheaper. I actually plan on doing this in the future. Remember, there are many factors to consider when building an a arm. First, like mentioned, the extended and compressed lengths need to be correct. The angle of your balljoint in relation to a arm travel needs to be correct, to avoid binding. The angle of caster you put on the knuckle will come into play on how well your quad turns. Also, camber adjustment needs to have a range that matches the quad. A arm bracing also needs to in the correct places to avoid failure under heavy hits. If you are questionable on some of these topics and how they effect the suspension, the internet is a great place to learn lol. Also, feel free to pm me if you need.

Also, if you plan on the 300ex LT a arms, buy the a arms first and measure the extended/compressed lengths of the front suspension to ensure it matches the yfz450x shock. No one to my knowledge has done that setup so we don't know if that length shock is correct for the application. You may need a slightly longer or shorter shock off a different model or brand of quad.

if i get some +2 a arms for the warrior and move the bottom shock mount so it will fit a 17 inch shock sorry for so many ideas but thanks very much

Again, with this idea you will be changing the extended and compressed lengths of your suspension. Basically, with that set up, you will lose a healthy percentage of wheel travel. Also, you would then need to get the shocks resprung, as your leverage ratio is now much closer to 1:1 than before, meaning without the respring, your front shocks will be way too stiff. You'd be better off buying +2 warrior a arms and running banshee front shocks, or some dual rate Works maybe.

ok thanks again i just like to make stuff and hope it will work but i would like to get some fox floats for a banshee if they fit i think i have seen it done before

I like making stuff too. That's why I'm an going to school for mechanical engineering lol. My main advice would be to make sure you do your research before you start building though.

In all honesty I ran that set of mounts on my bike with stock arms they are fine with 450 shocks as long as your not running 450r's the added length is the problem with that and the more you flex your bike the harder it will be on the ball joints

Latest posts

Back