mikuni to dyno jet

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
does any one have the conversion from dyno jets to mikuni jets i really need them
I told you when I had my dynojet kit I had a pipe and a filter and I used a 140 main jet and the needle set to halfway. Dynojet recommended starting with a 135 main and work you way from there. I had to install the dynojet needle that came with the kit.

oh ok on the directions (which is dumb) they say to put "dj 136" so i need to put a different one how do you think "dj 146" would be?

Jetting really isn't that hard once you understand what the bike engine does and sounds like when its either too rich or too lean.

The 146 seems like it would be a little too rich but you need to try for yourself. If they recommend 136 for stock then start a jet size or 2 larger and go from there.

yea thats kinda what i meant..i dont know what to do..if i should get a dyno jet or save like 30 bucks and just get a few mainjets?

Just save your money, the dynojet kit is more trouble than it's worth.

[quote:dyk63pfn]yea thats kinda what i meant..i dont know what to do..if i should get a dyno jet or save like 30 bucks and just get a few mainjets?

Just save your money, the dynojet kit is more trouble than it's worth.[/quote:dyk63pfn]
Yamarider he said he already bought the FMF kit which is a Dynojet kit so he's kinda stuck.

The best suggestion i can give you is sell the sucko jet kit and buy some mikuni style jets..

Dyno jets are terrible... the sizes suck and are a huge pain in the ass... beyond confusing for jetting.... stock jets are simple and easy.. dyno jet kits give you no extra power over what you could get with changing the stock jets..

The company is terrible also.... dyno jet kits are one the most misleading things in the entire world, stage 1 and stage 2 bull crap, more power on stock machines!?!

Just stupid... if you can get power from a dyno jet kit on a stock machine then you could get the same power from buying mikuni jets on a stock machine... Just because it has dyno jet slapped on the box people act like its a big deal and some kind of increase in power.. the truth is as long as the machine is jetted correctly with stock jets or dyno jet kits its going to run better.. and running dyno jets will not improve power, changing jets doesnt make the motor able to handle and use more fuel.

The best suggestion i can give you is sell the sucko jet kit and buy some mikuni style jets..

Dyno jets are terrible... the sizes suck and are a huge pain in the ass... beyond confusing for jetting.... stock jets are simple and easy.. dyno jet kits give you no extra power over what you could get with changing the stock jets..

The company is terrible also.... dyno jet kits are one the most misleading things in the entire world, stage 1 and stage 2 bull crap, more power on stock machines!?!

Just stupid... if you can get power from a dyno jet kit on a stock machine then you could get the same power from buying mikuni jets on a stock machine... Just because it has dyno jet slapped on the box people act like its a big deal and some kind of increase in power.. the truth is as long as the machine is jetted correctly with stock jets or dyno jet kits its going to run better.. and running dyno jets will not improve power, changing jets doesnt make the motor able to handle and use more fuel.

Exactly the reason I went back the Mikuni jets, just easier to use.

yea i have the fmf jet kit its the same as dynojet but i dont know which one to put i already have one in because it says you dont need a pipe to jet which i thought was weird but i put the lowest one in that comes with the dyno jet its called dj136 yamarider you said u had dyno jet then you should be able to help me with the sizing difference. i think its ******* retarded on dynojets part to make it on a different sizing scale just to confuse you and **** you up

hm..i thought the dial a jet was a completly diff..thing just like 65 bucks..im just gunna buy some mikuni main jets..i think..when you jet you dont need to mess with other needles do you? it would prolly be easier to just talk to my dad about it but hes kinda busy

Back