lifted gmc jimmy

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, but a steering stabilizer won't do **** for a exploded aluminum housing front axle housing. :tdown:
Unless it has a steel Dana Turdy five

independent suspension doesn't have "axle housings" diff carrier and bearing carrier/kuckles... axles are exposed dude

and the stock suspension will hold 33's i have a 4wheelin buddy in GA that has a set of toyo 33's on his s10 and he use to wheel with us all the time with only a bent drag link (due to his heavily off set rims) it was all aftermarket tie rods and **** and i was behind the wheel stuck with my drunk as **** hat on.... so that probably played a part in the damage lol. anyway factory knuckles will hold 33's no probs

Well she is running again list of parts and upgrades.
1.went with 30x9.50x15 tires
2.torsion key lift in front, 2 inch shackels in rear
3.rancho shocks all the way around.
4. New fuel tank and fuel pump
5.new front suspension ball joints tie rods etc
6. New brakes all the way around
7. New exhaust flow master with a down turn
8. New coil, cap and rotor, plugs and wires.

And I'm sure I'm forgetting something. Runs like a champ and looks way better will take some pics after I clean it up.

And I now have 16 inches of ground clearance

Yea I broke a front diff housing on my 98. 75 bucks for a whole front diff lol. But a total bitch to change.. never again..

BK, she ain't gonna clear a 33 with just a 2.5" kit. I'm assuming that you're talking about the rough country 2.5. Non ZR2 S trucks, blazers, Jimmy, etc need atleast an 1.5" lift in the front and 2" body to clear a 31 decently. You can only crank the T bars up front so much before you begin to have CV axle angle issues and too much stress on the upper balljoint.

Now, if you're doing the RC 2.5 it does come with upper arms and a diff drop to help correct those geometries but that kit alone won't correctly clear a 31 without some body lift.

CAM00139.jpg

This is my ZR2 on 32's with a heavy crank up front and add a leaf out back. It still needs an inch in the front to not scrub. That's all in the plans but it's been delayed now that my Lil dd truck got crunched and totaled last Sunday night.

Very nice I just wanted a more aggressive stance and some more ground clearance I was thinking of lifting more and bl but it's for highway mainly and getting to trail heads. Very nice truck man

Back