lifted gmc jimmy

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkroll84

Reaction score
I have a 2001 gmc jimmy that's been sitting for 2 years in garage. So finally decided to make it my toy hauler. I just bought a 2.5 lift kit steering stabilizer .just need to figure out if I'm going 31 or 33 tires

33 is the max on those front axle housings. They are WEAK! Just sayin.

yep 4.3 cold air intake its a beast got a new truck went in garage and sat lol its time for it to live again. Alex the steering stabilizer is for that reason bigger tires

33s with those gears will not run good on the streets. Either change gearing, or stick with 31s If its just trail do 33s

yep 4.3 cold air intake its a beast got a new truck went in garage and sat lol its time for it to live again. Alex the steering stabilizer is for that reason bigger tires

Sorry, but a steering stabilizer won't do **** for a exploded aluminum housing front axle housing. :tdown:
Unless it has a steel Dana Turdy five

Last edited:
That's killer! I am just building mine to look good while pulling trailer can only carry 1 quad in work truck lol

Go with a t/s (torsion/shackle) lift and put on some aggressive looking but road friendly 33s on there. Just have to be careful of the front axle when you off road it (if you ever do)
Is it a 2 or 4 wheel drive?

Last edited:
Back