is it tested cdi?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Switched the ignition wires and same thing. Looking at the diagram it shows the brown wire as the power to the cdi box. I tested the wire and it has no power. So maybe there's a break in the wire somewhere

I had my multimeter on the brown wire while my wife pressed the start button. It jumped up and down between 2v and 1v.

Last edited:
If y'all are wondering about my mechanical ability I built and rewired my truck. Ended up with about 650hp to the wheels. I wire in sub systems for my buddies. I did some custom wiring on my wires equinox for the backup camera. Comes on with reverse and on a switch so I can see behind me while I tow. I'm not saying I'm an expert but I do know my way around

Last edited:
I wasn't insinuating anything about you dude. Only about the guy that put the ignition switch it, lol.

Okay. Looked at the ignition switch. There's a red, brown, black and black with red stripe on the wiring harness. The key switch is the same except it has a black with white stripe. The black/white goes to the black and the black go's to the black/red so I think I need to switch them

Tie the red and brown wire together to bypass the key switch... The 2 black wires are what grounds the coil out to kill it...

The red and brown are your power wires...

Mine won't run without the two black wires connected. Weird. I don't think it grounds out the coil. (Mines hot wired. Lol)

I don't think it's the key though. When I turn the key on the neutral light comes on and the start button works. I'll try connecting them together though. Thanks

I may just take the wiring harness off tomorrow and check it. Make sure all f the connections are good

Looks like the on/Off start switch is bad. Looked at the wiring diagram and with the key on there should be continuity between the red and brown wires. Tested it and it was an open circuit. I striped away some if the brown wire and jumped it to the battery. The neutral light came on. Grounded the spark plug and hit the start button and got spark. Turned the key on and no spark. Tried it with the black and black/yellow wires bypassed, unhooked and connected like stock. Guess I need to order another kill switch and ignition key?

How do I bypass the kill switch. Tie the red and brown wires together? And where do all of the grounds meet up? Looked on the frame and engine and I done see anything

I bypassed the ignition switch and got spark. Hooked the fuel tank up and still wouldn't start. Just kept turning over

How is the carb hooked up. There's a barb on the very bottom but that's used to measure the fuel level in the carb, the one on the left side is for the fuel. What about the two on top? Just vents?

the one on the bottom is the drain the one on left side is for the fuel line from tank and the top ones are vents/overflows

Okay. I'll go test it some more. Doesn't seem like any fuel is getting into the carb. May need a rebuild

Give it a shot of starting fluid. If it starts you know it has a fuel problem. If it still doesn't attempt to start using starting fluid, and it has very good spark, do a compression test.

Latest posts

Back