Im installing a turbo on my warrior, Pics

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
to bad he put the turbo on wrong by bolting the crab to the motor and to the air inlet on the turbo instead of the air outlet

to bad he put the turbo on wrong by bolting the crab to the motor and to the air inlet on the turbo instead of the air outlet

HOLY CRAP!

You're right!

I never looked at the pics close enough to notice till you said that!!!

OMG!!

Disbelief doesnt describe my thoughts right now!!!

i wonder how well it would run.. I need to find me one of those mini turbos someplace, since i pretty much gotta rebuild the engine anyhow..

not to bring up an old tred BUT i acctually had the same idea as this but make a sealed air box and just running three lbs of boost

not to bring up an old tred BUT i acctually had the same idea as this but make a sealed air box and just running three lbs of boost

Honestly this kinda motor wont spool a turbo hard enough or fast enough to produce good power like one thinks. It'll feel like a tractor with a ton of turbo lag...

Last edited:

That would probably work pretty well.
Aside from the initial task of enclosing the whole deal in a pressurized box, (which realy wouldnt be that hard for someone with the right tools/equipment and skills, (I mean i could prolly pull it off with a good amount of effort.. lol im no welder or fabricator)) the rest would be pretty simple and straight forward.
I wish i had the time and mula and equipment at my disposal to give this a try.. god knows i have a turbo engine for almost every other vehicle i have.. lol

Honestly this kinda motor wont spool a turbo hard enough or fast enough to produce good power like one thinks. It's feel like a tractor with a ton of turbo lag...

not if you properly size it all.. :D and there are turbos out there of the ideal size, even for such a thing as a warrior!!! lol

~L~

Buzzy and I had a lonnnggg talk about this last night. I think for the money, it will be fantastic, and will be hella fun to ride, don't get me wrong. I don't think it will give it a ton of HP. I'd give it roughly 35-ish. With a silencer on the exhaust, no intercooler, it won't let it breathe like it needs to IMO. If you could somehow rig up an intercooler, and run a good exhaust that emptys out no more than a foot or so away from the exit in the turbo, you will see much better numbers.

I believe this will be a major challenge trying to keep it cool. But it will he soo much fun once it's tuned in good! Good luck.

you'd have to use a small turbo like the rhb31 or something like it to get it to spool right

the one that im going to use is off a 1.0 liter volks wagon and i talked to a lot of company's and they laughed at me so now i really want to do this to rub it in there faces

im not really sure how to measure it, but insted of doing it like this guy im going to run it right off the header up at the frontand run the the air inlet to my airbox and the putled that forces the air out to my carborator and run it at 3 lbs

i know there are some seriously small turbos out there, n im sure theres prolly a well suited one for it.. but getting one for cheap like off a small car like you're doing is unlikely.. however, it will be interesting...

one thing i always wondered about too was one of the belt driven type turbos, (not a super charger, a turbo.. u see em on alot of 5.0 white trash ferraries a.k.a. mustang and stuff.)

rig it up to run off the chain. its gotta have a comparable rotational speed to a vehicle engine belt.. lol maybe.. waaay too much work and effort for me to even consider thinking about, but it would in theory bypass the issue of the turbine being driven, or lack of exhaust gases to do so on a small displacement engine... i dunno.. just somethign that crossed my mind once..

i would recomend wrapping the heck out of it all with exhaust wrap, as it will one, keep the heat in so it works better and more effeciently, and too, keep the heat from soaking into the engine, or at least help.. lol

~L~

its a smaller secondary turbo it is made to push 390cfm at 14.7psi on a 1L car it has a 500rpm lag, wich is nothing to spool 14lbs lbs. on a 350 would will have little if any turbolag at 3lbs.

i know there are some seriously small turbos out there, n im sure theres prolly a well suited one for it.. but getting one for cheap like off a small car like you're doing is unlikely.. however, it will be interesting...

one thing i always wondered about too was one of the belt driven type turbos, (not a super charger, a turbo.. u see em on alot of 5.0 white trash ferraries a.k.a. mustang and stuff.)

rig it up to run off the chain. its gotta have a comparable rotational speed to a vehicle engine belt.. lol maybe.. waaay too much work and effort for me to even consider thinking about, but it would in theory bypass the issue of the turbine being driven, or lack of exhaust gases to do so on a small displacement engine... i dunno.. just somethign that crossed my mind once..

i would recomend wrapping the heck out of it all with exhaust wrap, as it will one, keep the heat in so it works better and more effeciently, and too, keep the heat from soaking into the engine, or at least help.. lol

~L~

Heat soak is the biggest problem with any boosted motor. If you can find a way to lessen the heatsoak then it will run great, if not, well it wont run fo **** ha, intercooler will help. As you can see this wouldnt be cheap to make right...

You must be talking about a centrifigal blower thats belt driven. Ive never seen a belt driven turbo on a mustang (so called white trash ferraries) haha everyone has the opinion on em. Vortech, paxton are to name a couple cen. blowers. The Roots style blowers are on top of the motor, kinda like an old school huffer you see in the nhra.

By definition, a turbo uses exhaust gasses to power the compressor for the air charge...a supercharger uses mechanical power from the engine (ie pulleys and belt) to power the compressor...

No, you can't have a belt driven turbo, it instantly becomes a supercharge... Thats the whole reason for turbo lag, the motor has to pass enough air through to get the turbines turning, where as a supercharger reacts instantly to RPM change.

belt drivin turbo is a pro charger, im debating on taking the batterie out and cutting the box out, or if any one has a black set of spare fenders, then i can get this thing on the road!

belt drivin turbo is a pro charger, im debating on taking the batterie out and cutting the box out, or if any one has a black set of spare fenders, then i can get this thing on the road!

thats a pretty good idea actualy, but then where yougona mount the battery? lol

Latest posts

Back