I just dont get it

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The regulator/rectifier won't affect it, my buddy's has a bad regulator and even with it completely unplugged it'll start and run normally as long as the battery is charged.

any other ideas ?? the guy at RM stator said that something with the stator/magneto if it doesnt put out the correct voltage then the cdi will not make the power to operate the coil spark

This is what my manual says for the pickup and magneto, if this is correct then my specs are out, but they were this spec since I got it running the first time. does someone else have some specs other then what I have ? I know there are different colors but the specs should be the same right ?

C.D.I.:
Magneto model/manufacturer F4T466/MITSUBISHI
Pickup coil resistance 459 ~ 561 Ù at 20 °C (68 °F)
(Color) (White/Red-White/Green)
Rotor rotation direction detection coil resistance
0.083 ~ 0.101 Ù at 20 °C (68 °F)
(Color) (Red-White/Blue)
C.D.I. unit-model/manufacturer F8T38675/MITSUBISHI

YamaRider said:
The regulator/rectifier won't affect it, my buddy's has a bad regulator and even with it completely unplugged it'll start and run normally as long as the battery is charged.

now thats a interesting piece of info... i knew it wouldnt affect it but i didnt realize you could totally unplug it....

I kinda want to see if it is the magneto/stator but if it tests good then why replace it ? I wish someone had some ideas. I been trying everything

OK I kinda understand now, after speaking with Mike at RM stator he said that a source coil and pickup can test good for ohms but if the voltage output is low then it will not trigger the cdi box to fire the ignition coil. very nice guy I must say, asks me if I have any more question and if I do to please call back. not pushy, has a nice attitude and isnt just like oh well you bought it its yours. there is a tool they made that will test all the system and such, kinda pricey but really seems like a good tool if you really get into this stuff. http://www.rmstator.com/en/atv/universal_atv_~_utv_parts/peak_volt_tester/other/diagnostic_tool/1829.htm

DING DING DING we have a winner ! the guy from RM Stator was right ! she fired right up first stroke of the key. now I gotta figure out this backfire out the exhaust and the pop in the intake.

Back