HELP! No spark and issue testing stator

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kylemm1002

Reaction score
So thought I had this quad ready to ride. Went out to start it and no spark. Nothing at all. I looked up the service manual about testing the stator. Here is the plug im working with.

So it says to test the source cool to meter the Red and white/green wires. I get nothing. Open circut between this connectors.
The thing I'm questioning is it shows the pins should be diagonal each other and mine are on top of each other.

Next it says to ohm the yellow and blue wires...well I'm either totally missing something because I see no yellow wire on this connector.

For reference this is what I'm going off.

I really hope I'm missing something because this is driving me nuts. I did have to replace my starter bearing a few weeks ago and deleted my parking brake. But I did ride the quad after those mods were done.

Please point me in the right direction!

Well I just ohmd out my coils using this

The primary circut was lower then the specs and the secondary circut was a lot higher then the spec.
I couldn't get a reading at all using one meter on the secondary circut. Had to switch meters. I don't know what if anything that could mean. First meter I was using was reading fine and when it's tested seems to work fine.

Back to stator, are you sure you're using the manual for your year?

You got a wrong year manual. Test the other 2, the white & blue with the fed and give me the reading

Wait a second. Just test all combinations of the wires on the 4-prong housing. 2 of them should be rather high (200-300). If not, you got a problem.

Ya that's the only reading I get across ANY combination of terminals on that plug.
So I'm thinking just buy a new stator and pickup coil and replace it all together? (That includes the source coil correct?)

yes it includes everything just don't buy a cheep one they go out pretty often but I have a good stock one out of my warrior engine that im building

RMStator.com has great parts, anything electrical I buy from there.

Back