god d$mn piece if mother f^%$in ****

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeasus man. Always check you chain tension before every ride (especially on the warriors/rappy350's because of there carrier setup) and investing in a case saver is a good investment. How bad is the crack? Can it be wielded?

broke off the part where cover bolts to and where lowest bolt was u can actually see a whole the size of like a pea in case and see a bearing race inside, ill get pics when i can

yeah that totally sucks... a good welder can do magic... problem is that is going to involve completely tearing the motor apart because you cant have any oil contaminating the weld.... and as far as case savers go, i have never seen one for sale... (that reminds me i should really look into building one again)

noss machine makes one..... that was on next list of parts to order. and it can be welded without takin apart, its high enough no oil comes out there. only thing i dont like is i can see a bearing through the hole..... not good but i do have that piece that went there and jb weld may do the trick...........

yeah but the inside is all coated in oil, thats the issue... or maybe i was lied to... take it to someone that welds aluminium and see what they say... if you do go the "jbweld" way dont use actual jbweld... there is better stuff nowadays

ill find some alumiweld or something. my dad welds aluminum and he said only way to weld it would be crack cases, hes afraid it will heat bearing too much. there is no oil pressure right there so ill put old piece back in place and use some alumiweld

try some clear twopart epoxsy first.mine broke in the same spot.
two or three coats of the clear and then some jb weld,no leaking ,no issues.just my two cents.make sure you clean the area REAL good first.

weld is going to be your best bet by far... take it somewhere and see what they say about welding it... for $20 you can probably have it fixed right (as long as they dont want you to tear the motor down...

like above, my dad welds all day every day he can do it but is afraid bearing will overheat. ill post before and after pics. may use a dime over hole then metal putty type stuff over and around it, works good ive read

yeah they metal putty is the best "non weld" fix i would say... its stiffer and you can pack it in better than the runny jb weld... your dad is the welder so he should know, but i wouldnt really be afriad of heat... i would be more afriad of **** falling into the inside... like weld splatter... or the oil catching on fire in the inside... if he is only worried about the heat then weld it and hit it with compressed air real fast and cool it down...

Humm, if you say the hole is small, and you have the piece that broke out. Clean the area and the piece and slap some mixture compound on it and call it a day. Ive seen dozens of warrior engine with that brake with the "JB" fix on them. And be sure to check your chain and chain tension more often. Tighten the rear end like its nobody business. Its a must!

it wasnt tension i check that before every ride, it was rear sprocket failure in reverse. and ya i think i have exact piece

prob is with the heat is that u can see a bearing through the hole i believe is the bearing the reverse shaft rides on according to diagrams, he would use a piece of "filler" to cover hole before welding to prevent the spatter or fire or welding bearing to case. but metal putty will do the trick im sure, now i just gotta try to rebuild the while broken section on that side so i can try and get the chain cover able to hook back on to keep jeans out

im interest in that noss case saver... anyone actually have one? does it fit? i dont trust anything that doesnt show me picture ON A WARRIOR

yes, i have a NOSS chain gaurd, love it! and suggest that EVERYONE SHOULD BUY one for their Warrior!!!!!!. the Warrior has always known to throw chains and smach it thru the case! If you dont have your chain adjusted right

I have the NOSS cover too. Check out my elite page pics. Shown on my bike clear as day.

ok here i go being dumb again... is that just a billet cover or does it actually have a piece that gets real close to the chain so it cant jam in there... also i dont see it on thier website.... but it did find a nice picture of sputnick hahaha

Back