gmc rant

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
why the hell did ford design spark plugs that break off in the head that you have to have a $200 tool to get em out with? or a truck that you have to pull the cab off to get to change a head or pull the engine? because they can! i'll drive a chevy/gmc over a ford any day so stop complaining :p

While i agree with you that the 5.4L plugs issue is garbage, Pulling the cab on a super duty is really easy, and makes a head / engine job a lot faster and easier.

Tho i would advise against ever buying a 6.0L truck, or even a 6.4L for that matter. The 6.7L seem to be great so far, since they came out, we've only had one in our shop for any engine work. And it was only a plugged EGR cooler. I'll stick with my 7.3L tho.

I agree lets stop now. I'm so freaking tired of arguing over this ****. All I know is what I bleed, what I work on, what I've compared, and what I've driven. The thing is ALL vehicles have **** ass designs, or good design poor exicuition.

Except my Chevy... It's old and perfect lol. But no **** that's why I like old vehicles.... Less bullshit and actually built to work hard and get the job done and still getcha home

Ford owns. Best interior hands down IMO. Our 6 cylinder F-150 is making 365hp 420tq factory.... AND getting 20-24mpg...

they do have a wonderful interior BUT IMO thats as far as the ford goodness goes. i like the dodge truck for they're bodies and GM power train. if i could buy a chevy with a dodge body and ford interior i'd be the happiest girl ever and have the best truck ever built :p

I think the ford interior is the worst. The seats stain super easy, and looks like a ****** orgy went on it there. EVERYTHING is plasticy, but then all new vehicles are cheap on the inside. And, a lot of their **** looks like it was added on after the vehicle was built. Like they looked at the finished product and said, "well, we could add a handle or such n such over there." And the other engineer says, "looks like we will have to remake that part..." to which the others reply, "nah, we'll just bolt that bitch on and make it look like crap." Lol. GM has always had an AWESOME powertrain, and great chassis'. Corporate rears can't be beat, and the frames have more cross members then ford or dodge. They are also a little wider then the other 2, and are taller. The new trucks are FULLY boxed front to back. Dodge does same. The worst part about them is that they need more cross members. My 01 2500hd 4x4 is fully boxed for a good 3/4 of the chassis, and is nearly a foot tall. Anyhow, I'm drinking and getting way too involved in this...

I think the ford interior is the worst. The seats stain super easy, and looks like a ****** orgy went on it there. EVERYTHING is plasticy, but then all new vehicles are cheap on the inside. And, a lot of their **** looks like it was added on after the vehicle was built. Like they looked at the finished product and said, "well, we could add a handle or such n such over there." And the other engineer says, "looks like we will have to remake that part..." to which the others reply, "nah, we'll just bolt that bitch on and make it look like crap." Lol. GM has always had an AWESOME powertrain, and great chassis'. Corporate rears can't be beat, and the frames have more cross members then ford or dodge. They are also a little wider then the other 2, and are taller. The new trucks are FULLY boxed front to back. Dodge does same. The worst part about them is that they need more cross members. My 01 2500hd 4x4 is fully boxed for a good 3/4 of the chassis, and is nearly a foot tall. Anyhow, I'm drinking and getting way too involved in this...

yeah if you get cloth.... i ride in style on ****** leather! and i'm drinkin too... hence the short reply haha

Don't like leather. Ford seats tend to be hard as rocks, I've found. Only thing I wish my truck had is power seats for the long drives. My siatic starts to get sore. The 8.1 makes up for it though:)

Ford owns. Best interior hands down IMO. Our 6 cylinder F-150 is making 365hp 420tq factory.... AND getting 20-24mpg...
the 2012 f150 3.7 is only 302 hp with 278 torqe

My 8.1 is 330horse and 450lbft factory. I have installed a superchips programmer, and 50 series flow master. That is all I need for my needs. All it does is tow ****. Wanted to try the programmer for fuel milage, yeah right! Lol. I figure it is more like 370horse 500lbft. It would be soooo easy to get 1hp per cube, but then it wouldn't be usable for my needs. I want to get a used engine to build for a spare, now that gm has no big block anymore, a ******* disgrace... But, comp has a RV cam and a noice all around cam that would be perfect for me. Should be able to get close to 425hp with the all around cam, port clean up and bowl blending, headers, intake and perf maf. It has no prob breaking the ass end loose stock. I can flip a 180 on dry pavement:) :)

Last edited:
Just wanted to let you know that I finally got onto my service manual provider, and there are no recalls on that prob at all. It does have a technical service bullitin. Sorry I had no better news for ya.

Thanks Gen. I looked at a Acadia forum's TSB list, and didn't find any thing either. Just gotta suck it up and drop the cash. Luckily, we're splitting 50/50. So I don't feel ass-raped that bad. Should be around $1500 with a 12/12 warranty. Little does he know its a sold botch when I get it back! Thanks again for looking.

Back