gmc rant

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragonbug2004

Reaction score
Why the hell did GMC designers make such a POS tranny and put it in my wife's 08' Acadia? I'm talking about the six speed auto. The one that supposed to "learn" your driving habits and adjust shifting patterns to you. I'm talking about the one that everyone that has issues with this tranny is the same problem. Yes, the 3-5-R plate broke and left me, my wife, and three year old stranded an 45 miles from home and my 10 yr old just 42 minutes from getting home from school. Big drum roll....... 5 days and 450 miles out of warrenty!!! (Thank you sir,can I have anouther!) So I unleash the wife on their ass, and they are gonna pay for half the cost of repair. I'm still gonna be out $1500 to $2300. What erks me the most is that it's a know issue, and they are not stepping up. No recalls, no bulletins, not ****! Just fix them as they come in with the redesigned and stronger plate. And bill the owner!! **** ****!! End of rant. Thanks for letting me bend y'alls ear.:argh:

I'll check the TSB's when I go to work monday. I am a diehard GM man, but, I've serviced and have done some repairs on the acadia... Get rid of that motherfucker! That is a terrible vehicle, and should not be on the road! I am not impressed at all with it.

Yea, after buying it found some forums that said stay away. Should have researched a bit. It was a spur-of the- moment buy. Drove it, wife liked it. Bought it.

The ******* Toyota dealer gave me a 2012 Acadia while my Avalon was getting serviced and it only had 26,000 miles on it and it shook so bad on the hwy I turned around and made them give me a newer Avalon
It's no wonder they are going bankrupt again there making nothing but **** now

I hear ya YAMAHAULER. My 02 Camry has only had reg. maintenance since new (204,000 miles ago) tires, windshield wipers, 1 battery, and two head lights.

Gm fullsize trucks are fine, it is the smaller vehicles that are suffering. I still don't care for the interrior and body on the trucks though. I prefer my 01 sierra. Best lookin truck they've ever had. And, they've had a few! But, all american small cars and suvs are in the dumps. Lets not get me started...

I may be able to tell ya sooner. Just need the log in info from my dad and can tell ya tomorrow/

I'll stick with my s10 blazer had my 93 for 5 months and 8000 miles later and only thing needing replacement so far was the idler arm($20) and that was bad when I bought it in April and she's at 177,000 rusty but will never leave me stranded and I use it to haul the warriors
and the funny part is I only paid $600 for it

Why the hell did GMC designers make such a POS tranny and put it in my wife's 08' Acadia? I'm talking about the six speed auto. The one that supposed to "learn" your driving habits and adjust shifting patterns to you. I'm talking about the one that everyone that has issues with this tranny is the same problem. Yes, the 3-5-R plate broke and left me, my wife, and three year old stranded an 45 miles from home and my 10 yr old just 42 minutes from getting home from school. Big drum roll....... 5 days and 450 miles out of warrenty!!! (Thank you sir,can I have anouther!) So I unleash the wife on their ass, and they are gonna pay for half the cost of repair. I'm still gonna be out $1500 to $2300. What erks me the most is that it's a know issue, and they are not stepping up. No recalls, no bulletins, not ****! Just fix them as they come in with the redesigned and stronger plate. And bill the owner!! **** ****!! End of rant. Thanks for letting me bend y'alls ear.:argh:

why the hell did ford design spark plugs that break off in the head that you have to have a $200 tool to get em out with? or a truck that you have to pull the cab off to get to change a head or pull the engine? because they can! i'll drive a chevy/gmc over a ford any day so stop complaining :p

I know what your saying. I work in tire manufacturing, and the tech is there to make a tire that last over 100,000 miles and handle like a sport tire but they wont make it because they wont sell as many tires. I just wish they would put all those broken plates in the engineer that designed it front yard! That basterd is costing me $$'s

And before the plugs broke off in the head, they would get shot out and you'd have to tap and thread in insert into the hole. Fix on problem, create another. Ford is especially good at that.

I agree lets stop now. I'm so freaking tired of arguing over this ****. All I know is what I bleed, what I work on, what I've compared, and what I've driven. The thing is ALL vehicles have **** ass designs, or good design poor exicuition.

Back