FMF power bomb?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just put one on my 350rappy, but I put it on at the same time with a powercore4 slip-on. More mid-range torque...yes, but most of it is probably from the muffler. As for sound, the powerbomb is supposed to suppress it a little. I installed the slip-on without the s/a and to be honest I was expecting it to be louder, I guess I can attribute that to the powerbomb. Most of this is just speculation and opinion though, since I threw them on together. Another plus is that it definitely has that bling factor over the stock, orangey, spotty header I just took off.

The only restrictive part of the stock header is right at the end where it bolts to the head, and it's an easy, cheap fix to smooth it out and make it just as good as an aftermarket one. Just take it off the quad and look inside the pipe where the mounting flange is, you'll see the weld bead i'm talking about. Just take a die grinder (dremel or equivalent) and take down most of that weld. I wouldn't take it down completely flush with the pipe, leave a little material there to keep the strength.

Sorry to bring this thread back up top. But does anyone have anymore information on doing this modification to the stock head pipe? Is it worth it?

Any pics?

To me the power bomb was a so-so deal....but it is the only stainless head pipe that I am aware of so I had no choice....
It fit well and looks great....but for $179 it should have had a new donut gasket included...
All in all I am happy with it....awesome sound with WB E-series pipe.

There is a guy on RF that is selling a PB header and a 4.1 S/O for like $250 shipped... new...

Sorry to bring this thread back up top. But does anyone have anymore information on doing this modification to the stock head pipe? Is it worth it?Any pics?
I'VE done the mod on the header flange & it turned out really well. However, I wouldn't mind having the powerbomb to tame down my trapp a bit. Also it was mentioned thatthe power bomp "moves" the power higher into the powerband, so it'sworking in the upper rpm's if you plan a high strung engine build then there may be some decent gains. it's all about matching your combination. For example, I have a stock bore 12:1 bottom end, a ported head & working on some ways toimprove combustion efficiency. It's likely gonna have a .430 web. I'm pretty sure that's gonna be a revvy lil engine & will run good for stock bore. if the powerbomb shifts the torque up a lil higher I'm ok with that

I have a fmf power bomb header pipe going to a fmf titanium 4 exhaust. I've noticed that the header pipe gets super hot even with heat tape on it

The heat is something else in the tuning. The hear tape itself is designed to keep that heat inside the exhaust, thus increasing combustion efficiency & more power.

Back