FMF power bomb?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was actually wondering the same thing. I guess you could use the fmf head pipe with a supertrapp pipe?

actually, don't they say that the stock header flows just as well as any aftermarket one for these engines? me personally i have a powerbomb on the warrior, but not sure if i can tell a difference between them. i only bought it for the sake of just having it to go along with my powercore 4.

and yes, i think any other pipe will work with them.

Why would an aftermarket header work just as good as stock for these engines? How are they any different than any other fourwheeler with stock head pipe vs. aftermarket when talking about the flow?

probably if you have some good head work and cam and springs. i don't think i got 3-4 hp with just my cam.

3-4 hp from a header on a Warrior? Ha! I don't think so, the aftermarket headers have very little advantage over the stock one. The stock warrior header is overkill, even with a highly built engine like a 446, Four Stroke Tech recommends just grinding the weld out of the inside where the flange is, combined with a supertrapp or equivalent slip-on. Compare it to any aftermarket header and you'll find the size of the pipe is exactly the same, if it was a larger pipe it wouldn't work with any slip on exhausts anyways. Even with the best aftermarket one out there you're not gaining 1 hp on a stock one, not a worthwhile investment at all in my opinion. The powerbomb header really is more of a gimmick than anything, there is zero power gain, it just slightly shifts the power a little higher in the rpm's on the dynos.

The only restrictive part of the stock header is right at the end where it bolts to the head, and it's an easy, cheap fix to smooth it out and make it just as good as an aftermarket one. Just take it off the quad and look inside the pipe where the mounting flange is, you'll see the weld bead i'm talking about. Just take a die grinder (dremel or equivalent) and take down most of that weld. I wouldn't take it down completely flush with the pipe, leave a little material there to keep the strength.

Headers can make a big difference on a lot of newer quads because from the factory they're designed to flow just enough for what the stock engine needs to be happy, look at the header on just about anything, 450's, raptor 660's and 700's, 400ex etc, they all have head pipes that flow about a third of what the warrior's stock one does. A full exhaust system on my 700 can net me about another 12 horsepower vs about 4 or 5 from just a slip-on, so in the case of most sport quads it makes sense to spring that extra $200-300 on a full system. If you get a full system on the warrior consider it only to be for the look of having a full stainless system, or to replace a rusted/dented/damaged stock one, because you won't be happy with the power gain, powerbomb or not.

i bought mine cause i got a good deal on it. when i first put it on i could tell a difference in the upper rpm's. it had a little gain in power not much but some.
if you find one for a good deal id say get it cause they do look good and wont rust out like the stock one.

YamaRider said:
3-4 hp from a header on a Warrior? Ha! I don't think so, the aftermarket headers have very little advantage over the stock one. The stock warrior header is overkill, even with a highly built engine like a 446, Four Stroke Tech recommends just grinding the weld out of the inside where the flange is, combined with a supertrapp or equivalent slip-on. Compare it to any aftermarket header and you'll find the size of the pipe is exactly the same, if it was a larger pipe it wouldn't work with any slip on exhausts anyways. Even with the best aftermarket one out there you're not gaining 1 hp on a stock one, not a worthwhile investment at all in my opinion. The powerbomb header really is more of a gimmick than anything, there is zero power gain, it just slightly shifts the power a little higher in the rpm's on the dynos.

The only restrictive part of the stock header is right at the end where it bolts to the head, and it's an easy, cheap fix to smooth it out and make it just as good as an aftermarket one. Just take it off the quad and look inside the pipe where the mounting flange is, you'll see the weld bead i'm talking about. Just take a die grinder (dremel or equivalent) and take down most of that weld. I wouldn't take it down completely flush with the pipe, leave a little material there to keep the strength.

Headers can make a big difference on a lot of newer quads because from the factory they're designed to flow just enough for what the stock engine needs to be happy, look at the header on just about anything, 450's, raptor 660's and 700's, 400ex etc, they all have head pipes that flow about a third of what the warrior's stock one does. A full exhaust system on my 700 can net me about another 12 horsepower vs about 4 or 5 from just a slip-on, so in the case of most sport quads it makes sense to spring that extra $200-300 on a full system. If you get a full system on the warrior consider it only to be for the look of having a full stainless system, or to replace a rusted/dented/damaged stock one, because you won't be happy with the power gain, powerbomb or not.

agree 100%.. i noticed no gain at all with the powerbomb deffly not worth it

I have a fmf power bomb header pipe going to a fmf titanium 4 exhaust. I've noticed that the header pipe gets super hot even with heat tape on it

i have one on my 99'warrior and the only difference is the length of the header pipe.....the power bomb omitts the need for a middle pipe,period! just get a slip on........

We know about the power gain now, But what about sound? Dose it give it a deeper tone over stock header?

I just put one on and it doesnt seem to cut sound much at all with the stock muffler (still waiting on my HMF to show up)

Back