do warriors have a lot of trouble

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billy920

Reaction score
do yamaha warriors have a lot of problems
with them

The warrior is one of the most reliable quads ever built. But just like any quad if it wasnt taken care of then it will have problems.

do yamaha warriors have a lot of problems
with them
There's always lemons but the warrior is an awsomely reliable machine. Like 2kwarrior said if someone didn't take care of it then you may have problems.

here try this on for size, My engine and wireing harness is 18 years old, only had one problem and that was my falt. I didnt tighten down a ground and it came loose and wouldnt start.

O the engine is just starting to smoke :-/. thats pritty ******* good seeing as in how the mother fucker is 2 years older then me.

Good thing i get my 1999 engine back next week.

my quacd cant lasty through 1 full ride, i would suggest getting a 400, everything but the motor has had problems

I bought mine brand new in 2001. And to put it simple I have put it through hell and the only down time I've had on it is when I replace stock parts with aftermarket parts. Other then that its taken everything I have given it and laughed in my face over and over again.

[quote:yf36talq]my quacd cant lasty through 1 full ride, i would suggest getting a 400, everything but the motor has had problems
Don't understand why bro, you must have the lemon.[/quote:yf36talq]

alot of people tell me that it isnt mazintained, i spend more time, money and i maintain it more than most of the people on here, i get home and what do i do (not homework) i go strait to the garage and dont come back until dinner and then om on the forum for the rest of the night

Warriors are so reliable. I bought mine used 2 years ago and its a '96. The only problem I've ever had was i had to replace the axle bearings but that is kinda expected after 11 years of riding.

The reverse doesn't work well when its hot and its hard to find neutral when its hot. Should have had an oil cooler as standard equipment. I had to end a ride early when the intake valve adjusting locknut loosened completely after about 20 hours of run time, dont know if the nut wouldve come off and blown the motor but I shut it off and got towed back in front of a bunch of Z400s. For a brand new quad I was disappointed since I dont ride that hard. On a lighter note every time I go to the riding park theres at least 1 YFZ that just wont start. I really like my 350 and am glad I bought it it just isn't nearly as well built as my Yamaha snowmobile which had 0 problems. I really like the riding position of my rap 350 and other than the things I mentioned it always starts and runs consistent, it has enough power for the tight twisty riding that I like and in some ways I like it more than my KFX700.

Sorry i umm bumping a old topic sorta but i got to say...

i had my 2006 rappy for about a year now and im not satify on the durablity it has so far.. it doesn't start now.. always had battery problems.. spend $200 on my back barrings carrair apacer and oil seals.. beacouse my bearing blew.. and had a bent axle.. but oveal it was alright.. but it is fustratiining sometimes

but i have to agree with the pseron above me.. it does always start unless you don'thave gas in it.. but just the battery probleme got me mad and now it doesn't respond when i push the start button so i need to fix that too

^^^
that sucks dude u probley ended up gettin a friday monday model lol

Bought mine brand new in 2002 and never ever once had a problem. Can't say the same for my boy who bought his new in 01, he had a stator go bad, CDI go bad, and issues with the reverse lever contact. His brother bought his the same day and never had a problem.

lets put it this way. my warrior is a 96 and the first problem was last summer i blew a base gasket. that has been the only major problem with it and its not even that major. you can't kill a warrior. thats why i'll never get rid of mine.

I havent had any motor problems except all the mounts broke and the clyinder head broke broke where the motor mount bolt goes through..but its really been only alot of stupid little **** that happens to me..

quadz4life88-hey i just noticed that it said you had a shorty clutch lever? is it b/c you cut it or did you buy a shorty..all the catologs say motorcycle only? sorry for getting off topic and putting so many post up in a row

Back