Considering a warrior 350

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
petcocks are replaceable look for them on ebay.
i forget what size the fender bolts are but most of them are the same.

I found a bolt kit on eBay that was pretty comprehensive. I cleaned the carb and it started but still revved hard when I started it, but I was able to keep it running fairly easy this time, but it was idling pretty rough and after just a short ride up the street it was hot enough to start burning my calf on the right side. Oil looked clean when I checked it. There are two tubes coming off of the carb that aren't plugged into anything but I can't find a spot for them to reach.

Also, on my ride up the street, it was almost like the throttle was sticking; push the throttle too hard too fast the rpms jump which made for a bumpy ride. Would pics or a video help?

I had this same problem when I got mine about 3-4 weeks ago. Anyway I took my carb out tore it down cleaned it over the best I could with nothing but a few tools and a bread tie wire with the plastic stripped off. I done this 2-3 times trying to figure out the problem. When I put it back together and after several countless hours of research on the Internet ( this was before I found the YFM350 forums ) but I digress... So I found that my fuel line was hooked up to the wrong port and solved most of my problem. Now when I took the carb off I did use some WD40 to lube up the throttle cable and the controls it connects to on the side of my carb, you gotta work the levers a bit to make sure she's lubed good! After that I was tearin it up!!
Hope this helps a lil

Ok I found that this wasn't attached to anything.. Could that be causing problems?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 10
Vid and pics would help a lot! Lol
nope thats just the carb drain tube.

Last edited:
Dang! Haha. New to mechanics >< ok. I'll post a vid when I get off of work tomorrow.

Ok... So I fixes the pull start only to discover a regular washer won't work and mine is missing the giant oversized one.. Started the bike up again to see if I could get it to stay started without the choke out, no luck. I did however notice that it wasn't the motor getting hot, it was the pipe coming out of the top end at the front that wraps around the right side.. It was getting so hot in fact, I noticed that it was getting white hot at the top end part, so I shut it off and am cleaning the carb as we speak.

Ok... So I fixes the pull start only to discover a regular washer won't work and mine is missing the giant oversized one.. Started the bike up again to see if I could get it to stay started without the choke out, no luck. I did however notice that it wasn't the motor getting hot, it was the pipe coming out of the top end at the front that wraps around the right side.. It was getting so hot in fact, I noticed that it was getting white hot at the top end part, so I shut it off and am cleaning the carb as we speak.

Yes I was going to say clean/ rebuild yer carb; also try replacing yer spark plug

You may also need to remove yer exhaust pipe and reprint with a high temp. Paint to help with that

Paint won't help at all.
The hot spot means you have a lean condition and you need to rejet your carb.

You need to adjust your air mix screw if your getting hot at idle.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9310 using Tapatalk

And if that don't work try dropping your needle and get a bigger pilot jet

Ok. I got into the carb and everything looked ok, but I noticed the tiny jet just below the big jet was a little scratched up at the tip like someone used a screwdriver that was too small. Will a standard carb rebuild kit work,

That's the pilot jet. Do you have any mods to your quad if not I'd just buy the pilot and go up one size I believe the stock pilot jet size is 22.5 not sure though

He's got a Warrior Jeff, the stock pilot is a 42.5. I think the 22.5 you are thinking of is for the Rappy.

Ok the rebuild kits I've found, as far as I can tell, don't show different pilot jet sizes. What would a size up be? As far as I know it's stock

Back