Considering a warrior 350

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warrior@heart

Reaction score
Hey all,
New to the Warrior 350 and bikes in general. At least owning one, I've been riding on and off since I was about 13. I'm currently trading my Jeep, which I absolutely love, but I'm moving and need to sell it. Someone has offered me cash plus a trade of an 87 Warrior 350. I wanted to see what everyone thought before I went through with the deal, attached are pics of the bike. It doesn't start but he said it did until someone who was looking at it, broke the pull start and he doesn't have a battery for it. I'm going to go look at it soon, and bring a battery with me so I can start it. When I do look at it, is there anything I should watch out for?

Last edited:
Ok it only did one for some reason.. But here is another, also the chain was token but mig welded, will that affect it at all?

Last edited:
It has no lights and no pull starter. It's missing the front bumper.
It is a first gen, and the electronics are hard to find and are expensive.
You also cannot buy aftermarket a-arms for them.
Other than that they are pretty much identical to every warrior out there.
Great bikes, I have a 87 myself. Super reliable
Things to watch out for,
Check the compression with a tester if you can, if its below 100psi stay away from it.
Check for spark
That's about it.

Looks like it has a extended swinger on it! Don't look that bad as long as it runs!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9310 using Tapatalk

Awesome! Ty for the info, where can I get ahold of a tester? How much do you guys think the bike is worth? Forgot to add that.

A 800- 1000 if it runs and a compression tester u can get a auto parts store!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9310 using Tapatalk

Thank you so much, im gonna try an look at it on Monday, I'll let everyone know how that goes. I looked on eBay for the lights, bumpers and pull start. I found a used pull start for $50 same for the bumper and light assembly. I g

Stupid iPhone... *got most of the parts for my jeep this way. Is that the easiest way? Or are there decent parts dealers around? Jc Whitney didn't have a whole lot going on.

eBay is your best friend for parts most of the time.
Boats.net sells oem warrior parts if you need them too.
I'd say that warrior in that condition is worth 600-800 in my personal opinion.
Oh and order the right chain for it, if you buy it. It's worth it. Then you won't break your case.

Haha if I get it, I'll take you up on that. So I won't be able to bring a battery with me when I look at it. Since the battery is just used to start it, could I just hook it up to my car battery to start it? Or is that a bad idea? Haha. And Ty for all the help again guys :)

Sure you can hook it up to your car battery with jumper cables, but I don't suggest doing while the car is running.

Peeked at it and everything seems to be in order, I'll be bringing it home Sunday. I need headlights with the mount and if you still have it im interested in your front bumper, can you post or pm me a pic?

Another thing to look to look at are the ball joints. 87 had replacible balljoints. They are expensive though, nealy 35-40 per.

Ok so I got it home, and now I cant get it to stay running. I hook it up to the car battery and hit the electric start. It turns over and starts but revs hard enough to make the muffler backfire then sputters a little and stalls out. Any ideas where I can start?

Im glad you got it runnin, I would start by cleaning the carbs. I do this to every quad right after I get them, Change oil, Spark plug, clean filter.

Make sure it's actually getting fuel to the carb 1st. Just pull the line off at the carb and turn the fuel on at the petcock. If it has a good steady stream it's prolly safe to say that the carb is gummed up, float could be stuck, needle stuck, etc. just give it a thorough cleaning and go from there.

Ok, so the first thing I noticed is that the petcock seems to be stuck on reserve. The second is that almost nothing on the body is bolted down, do they sell complete screw kits? Plastics, gas tank, air filter; none of it has screws...

Back