clutch ?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's either a first gen thing not to have them or your nuts pat. Cause mine doesn't have them either. (You may be nuts) lol

but Pat those arrows will never stay lined up between those 2 dimples anyway because the boss and pressure plate can spin separately from the basket

If I were you I would just make sure the arrows are aligned properly, and that the V notches in the friction plate are aligned with them (there is only 1 V on the stock clutch, but, I align them all) as the manual states. Then, just put the bitch together and call it a day. I don't have a clue why your basket does not have those two "special" dimples on it. It is beyond me. Everyone I have done or seen has them. I don't know their purpose other then to hold the friction plates' V notches between then (the boss with the arrow will rotate while running so it's only a reference guide).

It's either a first gen thing not to have them or your nuts pat. Cause mine doesn't have them either. (You may be nuts) lol

Nope not either of those^^^. I have two first gen engines, and BOTH have them. Unless.... 87s don't. Know that is a head scratcher. Both of my engines are 88 models. Maybe they did indeed add them after 87? Now that does make more sense then my previous theory about it being a replacement basket.

but Pat those arrows will never stay lined up between those 2 dimples anyway because the boss and pressure plate can spin separately from the basket

Correct you are! The reason why you have to line them up is so the V notch(es) on the friction plates are between those two dimples. Maybe Yamaha changed the way they made the basket, and the 88-current baskets need all of them to be aligned for proper balance = proper clutch operation. That is the only thing I can think of.

yeah i have seen a pic of one and it had them, but i have searched and searched mine like i was just over looking it and still got nothing lol. so i am just going to put the bitch back together like you said pat and call it a day. thanks for your guys help trying to figure it out.

oh and one more question where you would put the one different friction plate that has no notches? cause after pat mentioned about two being different i went back through them and it is different, the friction surface on it is a little bit bigger.

yes i have watched the video but it does not say anything about marks or anything about the clutch basket.

I could give the assembly instructions for a stock clutch. But, this is aftermarket and thus they usually have their own assembly instructions because they tend to differ from stock. Some differ greatly. Best to look up the clutch MFG and find their instructions.

well i am not sure what kind of clutch it is, it was the one in it when i tore it apart.

Back