clutch ?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1988nissan300zx

Reaction score
ok i am putting it back together but not sure on a couple things.

1- i have one friction plate with no notches in it, not sure where it goes.

2- then do you line all the notches in the friction plates up or stagger them.

here is a pic of what i am calling notches in the friction plate.

1127131147_zps192ef537.jpg

Last edited:
ok so it dont matter if they are lined up or not. and about the one with no notches is it the same as the other ones as well, or does it go somewhere special?

I am pretty sure the point of the notches is they dont line up. 2 might but you should be able to seperate them. The friction material is offset on the disc and their suppose to be staggered

I usually keep them inline, if I remember right. Also, there should be two that have a larger I.D. that go in a specific place. You need to be 100% sure that the clutch basket and clutch boss are put together properly. There is an arrow on one, that goes between two dimples on the other.

as far as the dimples on the clutch basket i dont see any, i mean on the front side of the basket there are dimples on every little post thing. where are the dimples so posed to be at?

1128131902_zps0a00bb31.jpg

and on the friction plates i think that they are all the same size and everything just the one dont have the notches, but i will have to check tomorrow. so where would you guys put the one with no notches?

There should be two dimples that stand out from all the others. And, they are not on the same tower. They are on towers that are next to one another.

Ya know what, Ed? I believe you are correct! Been so long since I did one I forgot about the arrows!

the only arrows i see is these.

1129131248_zps854cca55.jpg

1129131249_zps85bb59ea.jpg

i dont see anything on this as far as marks or anything.

1129131249a_zps36dc1dc4.jpg

Dude, have you downloaded the Clymer manual? It clearly shows how to rebuild the clutch. Turned out mine is here at home. I looked through it. There ARE to index punch marks in two of the dimples on the basket. One is on one tower, the other on the adjacent tower. The arrow in the clutch boss goes right between them. Also, they show the notches in the friction plates inline with the arrow on the boss.

yes i downloaded the manual from the link on this fourm, but it dont go into much detail. it dont say anything about the frictions plates as far as the notches and the one with no notches that has little bit bigger friction surface. and i looked at my clutch basket again and i dont see any arrows on it, and all of the dimples are identical there are no index punch marks.

It should. The Clymer manuals are very in depth. Trust me, there are two dimples that are different. Take another, even better, picture of that basket again. Or, take pictures of every tower, and I will find them.

Not the basket! Lol the clutch boss. The thing that sets inside the basket that the steels attach to. There is an arrow on one side and an arrow on the other. Line them up. The dimples on the clutch basket (I assume) are from moulding the aluminum. They for sure have nothing to do with it.

Last edited:
Not the basket! Lol the clutch boss. The thing that sets inside the basket that the steels attach to. There is an arrow on one side and an arrow on the other. Line them up. The dimples on the clutch basket (I assume) are from moulding the aluminum. They for sure have nothing to do with it.

Alex, you are correct, there are two arrows that need to be aligned. Ed said the same thing. What you guys have forgotten, is that those arrows are for installing the inner pressure plate into the clutch boss. I JUST read through the whole procedure in my manual this time, and realized that is where those two arrows come into play.

HOWEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There should be two dimples that have a punch mark in them, that the arrow of the clutch boss sits between. Every single Warrior clutch I have done, and every Warrior clutch basket I have seen, has these two special dimples. Now, that being said, I do not see them in these pictures. Why, I don't know. Maybe it's a replacement basket. That is the only thing I can think of.

Back