Center Dowl O ring..

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hard to say from the video. maybe try to "Cover" the muff so we can hear the motor more. (Winter glove & ziptie over tip works fine. but will not last long (i use to do that in the city to keep the cops away!)

motor sounds louder then it should. but may be the cam you used to tape it.

This is how mine is after new motor. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj-Wri9efB8 taken on a iphone 4

Last edited:
ya i mean it does sound a little noisey, is there anything i should check?

it was taken on a iphone 4

how was the crank when you had it apart? maybe your lower end needs a re-do

but i stuck on my 7.1 hd headset and it sounds like you have a knock starting. you can hear it real good at first startup.

hows was your oil pump? when you had it off.

** i re checked out your video showing your old and "new" crank , the "new" one looks Bad... 0.17-0.22 or so in the video you can hear it the Crank is on it's way out! **

and you side to side play looks like it x2 the Recommended amount (witch i think is 4mm??)

But i bet you will still get 1000-1500 km's out of her if your nice on it!

Last edited:
Ive seen cranks way off and way worse then that without the noise. Uselly crank noise is when the bearing are completely shot and the rod actually moves up and down on the crank. I don't think it crank noise were hearing. You triple sure you all in spec elsewhere? Vales are checked using the right feeler? (its like paper thin or less then that) you in time and you set your tensioner back properly?

Yup I checked it all again. Everything In spec! I really hope
It isn't the bottom lolol it does
Kinda sound like my old
Bottom !

unless im 180 out on timing but i did triple check that so that cant be it, im gonna recheck the valves tomorrow!

i just checked everything again and it looks good.

i also rotated the crank by hand with the spark plug in and out to see if i can replicate the sound at all and no sound and i also cranked it over without the ign coil hooked up and there was no sound so i am thinkin its just noisy valves =]

also when i pulled the plug it was a nice grey color so shes running pretty good!

Last edited:
If your timeing was 180 out don't think it would have even started. It kind sounds like a exhaust leak somewhere like a hole in the tubing somewhere.

Update. The noise seems to speed up with higher rpm.

Can it be the timing chain ? I mean the tensioner?

Is there a "right" way to install it? All I did was put the tensioner on the jug and then used the bolt with the spring to push it. Should I of used a little screw driver to set it first?

Update. The noise seems to speed up with higher rpm.

Can it be the timing chain ? I mean the tensioner?

Is there a "right" way to install it? All I did was put the tensioner on the jug and then used the bolt with the spring to push it. Should I of used a little screw driver to set it first?

the spring is what sets it. did you "reset" it First?
&
also yes i think you can install it upside down so watch out for that

If you put the tenioner is upside down the bolts won't match and seriously cheack for a exhaust leak and a grey plug means its running a tad lean tan is perfect

Checked for leaks. Found none. Also relaxed the gasket that goes between the head and header.
The noise is def more audible when your riding it.

Back