Carb problem...

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyler

Reaction score
Alright so when it gets to about 3/4 throttle it starts spitting and sputtering? I have already cleaned the carb and done the acc pump spring mod and its better but its still not gone. If i am getting on it really hard it does fine and does not spit and sputter but if i ease into it it runs like crap at 3/4 throttle, but if i give it more gas it runs fine. So whats wrong??

Damn it i just remembered i changed the jetting for the winter. So should i go up on my main jet size

It is spitting and sputtering like that with a 148 so try a 146 or 150?

Well a 150 didnt fix it ill try the 146 but im pretty sure its not my jetting. So what else could it be. im getting good fuel flow and my carb is clean so what else could it be?

It breaks up at 3/4 throttle, but what does it do at full throttle? The fuel control transitions from the needle to the main jet around 3/4 throttle so either one could be the culprit. If it still breaks up at full throttle it's gotta be the main.

That snorkel setup you were making isn't on it, is it? I thought you abandoned that idea but just making sure.

Ya i quit the snorkel idea and it was almost done. but at 3/4 throttle it spits and sputters but at full throttle it runs fine like it should

YamaRider said:
It breaks up at 3/4 throttle, but what does it do at full throttle? The fuel control transitions from the needle to the main jet around 3/4 throttle so either one could be the culprit. If it still breaks up at full throttle it's gotta be the main.

Alright check this out i just found this out. The thing that the main jet screws into is messed up i think, because i was taking the main jet out and pushed down on the main jet just a little and the whole thing that the main jet screw into slid up? its not suppose to do that is it?

Sounds like the needle is off then. Try moving the clip up one notch and see how it responds.

Tyler said:
YamaRider said:

Alright check this out i just found this out. The thing that the main jet screws into is messed up i think, because i was taking the main jet out and pushed down on the main jet just a little and the whole thing that the main jet screw into slid up? its not suppose to do that is it?

Yeah if that tube is loose it'll definitely get the jetting all screwed up. I don't know how to go about fixing that though, I never saw one come loose. I think it's a press fit but I could be wrong, anybody else have an idea?

Jut throwing this out there but maybe just a drop or two of super glue on it and just dont make a mess?

Alright i think i might have found the problem out look at this parts diagram and i dont think i have # 14 on there, and without #14 that whole tube shaped piece will just slide up i think? Check it out and tell me if im right or wrong.

http://www.yamahapartshouse.net/pages/parts/viewbybrand/2/Yamaha.aspx

When you click the link in the search box put in yamaha (if its not already there) then put in all terrain vehicle then 2000 all terrain vehicle then warrior-yfm350xm-2000 then after that goes to the next page on the box next to where it says Change Assembly: click carburetor.

Is the tube only sliding up or is it dropping down into the bowl farther than it should be?

Negatory on the super glue idea, gas is a solvent.

The tube is sliding up and with the washer on there it wont be able to slide up so i will try that 2morrow, and its not possible for the tube to slide down into the bowl because on the top of the tube there is a lip that prevents it from going down any farther.

Sounds like the washer is the problem then. It's supposed to be a copper or brass washer I think, but anything would be better than nothing.

copper and brass are metal ;D if by metal you mean steel, then like he said anything is better than nothing... but the steel will probably corrode faster than the other 2 metals....

just looked at the diagram... #14 is kinda confusing me... the way it is drawn it doest look like the washer under the main jet but i assume thats whats it supposed to be

Back