Can I do this with what I have?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

04Warrior04

Reaction score
Well my case is shot. I was wondering what special tools do I need to be able to transfer everything over to a new one. Maybe a video tutorial would be nice as well! lol Thanks for any input

You're gunna need a flywheel puller, torque wrench, case splitter, a clutch holder, and a bearing puller. Sometimes a case splitter isn't needed but it makes everything easier. Get yourself a Clymer manual if you don't already have one.

But if you have a air impact you won't need a clutch holder as I did my clutch and didn't need a holder at all very easy with an impact. But the rest of the tools you will need

I just like to have the holder so I can retorque the nut. I take it off with the impact. That, the cam bolt, and the head bolts are the only things I use a torque wrench on. Everything else can be done by feel. I like to use a toyota cam gear holder for the clutch. Works great.

That's something us mechanics never stop doing, buying tools. Getting a new tool is fun, except for the price!

this is a Clymer manual

Thanks for the replies guys. But what is a Clymer manual?

2012-03-15084859.jpg

All u NEED is a flywheel puller and air impact, 19mm (or22mm cant remember) and 1 1/16" socket and a ton of cleaner for while u have it apart.

True that is the only tool you NEED,other than a torque wrench, but the others make life easier. And its a 19mm on the flywheel puller bolt and 1 1/16 or 1 1/8 to hold the body, I believe.

no the 1 1/16 is for the crank nut inside the clutch cover unless hes gonna try and do it without removing the clutch cover, and i didnt remember him asking if he needed anything to put it back together! X.X

I was only talking about the wrech needed to hold the flywheel puller's body, not the nut you mentioned above. Just figure I'd mention the torque wrench since he said he was swapping out cases, which requires a complete rebuild.

Yeah Taking all of my parts out of mine to throw in a new case body. My got cracked bad under the head. I've got a friend that has a flywheel puller. That is if it fits. I'm thinking about hauling it up to my high school and using their impact and torq wrench. Another question, what do the head bolts get torqued down to? I have some downloaded manual that says 29 foot pound. This and my gasket breaking apart and going into the bolt hole is what cracked my case actually.

29 ft lbs is correct on the 14mm head, bolts. The 2, 6mm allen bolts get torqued to 14 ft lbs. All enginge covers, including cam, rocker, and timing chain tensonier, get torqued to 7.2 ft lbs. That's if your nto the type to do it by feel. And the cam bolt gets torqued to 44 ft lbs.

You know that "plug " that goes over the end of your crankshaft, it has a 17mm bolt holding it on. Find a wrench to fit or use a cresent wrench to hold the crank and tighten the cam bolt at the same time.

Yeah thats what i did last time just wasnt for sure if it would loosen or not. Thanks for the conformation.

So long as you torque the bolt to spec it won't lossin. Use some blue locktite on it if yuou have any doubt. Some aftermarket cam mfgs reccommend blue locktite in their prods.

Yeah me an lock tight dont get along to well. So I'm just going to torq it to spec and call it that.

Anyone know were I can pick up a nice case for under 100? I found one on ebay for that. Also what's some tips I need on the bearings in them? Like will they need pulled and replaced or what?

If the bearings turn over smoothly without rough spots, binding or excessive play, have no rust or pitting they should be good. If you have to or want to replace bearing you will beed a bearing puller. Denniskirk has what looks to be a nice blind bearing puller set in their shop tools section. You can usually get away with a socket to install them.

Back