blue smoke?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billy920

Reaction score
my bike is puffin a little bit of blue smoke wat could this be?

that would be burning oil... piston rings, valve stem seal...
ohh god i dont want to put new ringss i dont tink ...how much are rings and the seal?

well I would do a top end rebuild on it if I were you. $120.00 dollars for a wiseco piston with gaskets. If you in there why not, right!!?? Cheap upgrade... you can go with the JE if looking from a little more compression and higher quality piston. That's about $170.00 with gaskets. $6.00 for valve stem seals. Then about $50.00 to bore.

well I would do a top end rebuild on it if I were you. $120.00 dollars for a wiseco piston with gaskets. If you in there why not, right!!?? Cheap upgrade... you can go with the JE if looking from a little more compression and higher quality piston. That's about $170.00 with gaskets. $6.00 for valve stem seals. Then about $50.00 to bore.
i dont think i would bore it ...i just want the blue smoke gone ill try a new seal then a if that dont work ill try rings but gettin in to new pistons i dont tink

...how many pistons are there?

[quote:4wszwky2]well I would do a top end rebuild on it if I were you. $120.00 dollars for a wiseco piston with gaskets. If you in there why not, right!!?? Cheap upgrade... you can go with the JE if looking from a little more compression and higher quality piston. That's about $170.00 with gaskets. $6.00 for valve stem seals. Then about $50.00 to bore.
i dont think i would bore it ...i just want the blue smoke gone ill try a new seal then a if that dont work ill try rings but gettin in to new pistons i dont tink[/quote:4wszwky2]Think?
You'd at least want to have the bore cleaned up. Then the rings will seat in so you'll have less blow by and not burn oil.
The warrior/raptor has 1 piston. For the price of the piston in compared just to new factory rings the cost is very small.. also the performance gain you get from it.
How many hours are on the bike and do you maintain it?

[quote:lgx0d2dd]i dont think i would bore it ...i just want the blue smoke gone ill try a new seal then a if that dont work ill try rings but gettin in to new pistons i dont tink
Think?
You'd at least want to have the bore cleaned up. Then the rings will seat in so you'll have less blow by and not burn oil.
The warrior/raptor has 1 piston. For the price of the piston in compared just to new factory rings the cost is very small.. also the performance gain you get from it.
How many hours are on the bike and do you maintain it? [/quote:lgx0d2dd]i bought it the other day its 01 donno how many hours and one piston...i think i will get a good new one that would help a lot

[quote:rdvq4c1v]i dont think i would bore it ...i just want the blue smoke gone ill try a new seal then a if that dont work ill try rings but gettin in to new pistons i dont tink
Think?
How many hours are on the bike and do you maintain it? [/quote:rdvq4c1v]is it hard to put in a new piston

Have you worked on anything before?? Not trying to be a dick or anything. There's like 4 main bolts, 3 allens and the cam chain holding the head on and you don't have to pull the engine out. The rest is just keeping it clean and doing a good job with the sealing parts where the gaskets go.
Does it smoke blue all the time?

[quote:s8oynxgc]well I would do a top end rebuild on it if I were you. $120.00 dollars for a wiseco piston with gaskets. If you in there why not, right!!?? Cheap upgrade... you can go with the JE if looking from a little more compression and higher quality piston. That's about $170.00 with gaskets. $6.00 for valve stem seals. Then about $50.00 to bore.
...how many pistons are there?[/quote:s8oynxgc]
I always thought there was 8 pistons. Have you checked the wheelie sensor for extreme wear, also what oil mixture are you using, 25.1????? ;)

Have you worked on anything before?? Not trying to be a dick or anything. There's like 4 main bolts, 3 allens and the cam chain holding the head on and you don't have to pull the engine out. The rest is just keeping it clean and doing a good job with the sealing parts where the gaskets go.
Does it smoke blue all the time?
no it just smoke when you give her a lot of gas in like 2nd

OK, Heres what you do if you want your quad to run well and not smoke. Go to your local dealer. Take it in to them and tell them it smokes, they will know imediately what is wrong. they will take it in and ask you if you want OEM or aftermarket. Tell them you want aftermarket. IT is actually cheaper and better performance. Lots of people will tell you that taking it to the dealer is the same as taking it up the butt, but in your case it doesnt seem like you know a whole lot yet so you will just be better off taking it in. WIth a bore and all the parts and labor it shoudl cost you 400-500. Which is alot but its better than ruinig your whole quad

[quote:eek:vtzshu6]...how many pistons are there?
I always thought there was 8 pistons. Have you checked the wheelie sensor for extreme wear, also what oil mixture are you using, 25.1????? ;)[/quote:eek:vtzshu6]wats a wheelie sencor

Dave76 was being a bit of a smart ass. There is no "wheelie sensor".. Only headlight fluid that needs to be topped up after every ride.......

Dave76 was being a bit of a smart ass. There is no "wheelie sensor".. Only headlight fluid that needs to be topped up after every ride.......
lol theres no head light fluid ahah?...dam i bought 16 quarts lol haha j/k

would valve stem seals go just like that? i finally got my quad running today and its like blowin smoke like none other, it hasnt gone away either so im afraid that its not the rings seating. it didnt smoke at all before i rebuilt it from sand damage ha.

Back