blue smoke?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
would valve stem seals go just like that? i finally got my quad running today and its like blowin smoke like none other, it hasnt gone away either so im afraid that its not the rings seating. it didnt smoke at all before i rebuilt it from sand damage ha.

The only way I could see it acting like that because of a valve seal would be if the seal actually broke completely or something. My valve seals were going out on my warrior (hell, in my truck too) and the smoking always stops once a little heat starts to build up in the head. The heat makes everything expand a little, so the tolerances tighten up. Usually valve seals also leak very slowly, after the engine shuts off the oil just slowly seeps down through and sits in the chamber until you start it again. I hate to say it, but it's probably your piston rings. Once you open it up it shouldn't be too hard to figure it out, if it's a leak that bad you should see a wet spot from where the oil is finding it's way in.

Back