Anyone running a fcr carb

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got it on and running,the thing revs fast didn't run to bad out of the box, has a slight bog out of the hole, but runs out good a little on the lean side needs a bigger main, will mess with that tomorrow, also needs adjustable fuel screw might be able to get the bog out. Its defiantly pulling and reeving faster its making the clutch slip, Ill need to do the clutch mod. As far as the hooking it up the throttle cables fit perfect, the rubber boots just needed to be heated up with heat gun and the carb slid right in.
For the total investment of $125

Attachments

• tygf.jpg
    tygf.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
got it on and running,the thing revs fast didn't run to bad out of the box, has a slight bog out of the hole, but runs out good a little on the lean side needs a bigger main, will mess with that tomorrow, also needs adjustable fuel screw might be able to get the bog out. Its defiantly pulling and reeving faster its making the clutch slip, Ill need to do the clutch mod. As far as the hooking it up the throttle cables fit perfect, the rubber boots just needed to be heated up with heat gun and the carb slid right in.
For the total investment of $125

Hell yeah thats cool! So what motor mods do you have? Ive been thinkin of getting one off a yfz since my motor is built pretty good. So the raptor intake adapter fits it perfect, also the airbox boot fit too with heat?

There is a rubber boot that bolts to the back of the carb from the dirtbikes airbox, I enlarged the stock warrior boot with some heat slid it over the bike boot and clamped the 2 together ill get some pics tomorrow. the raptor boot from head to carb fits like a clove.With some jetting im going to be happy wih this carb. I have a fmf exhaust, lid removed and a flywheel key.

There is a rubber boot that bolts to the back of the carb from the dirtbikes airbox, I enlarged the stock warrior boot with some heat slid it over the bike boot and clamped the 2 together ill get some pics tomorrow. the raptor boot from head to carb fits like a clove.With some jetting im going to be happy wih this carb. I have a fmf exhaust, lid removed and a flywheel key.

Ok cool thanks pics will help. You have given me inspiration...

I think a decently modded engine would run pretty happily with the 39 so there's 2 nice carb options. Get that thing fine tuned man, seems like you're already tickled so you'll really dig it when ya get the pilot straight & the main fattened up a bit.

i can't find a raptor manifold. where did you get yours from? also, how does not having the TPS sensor hooked in affect it?

Picked up the intake from bikebanbit, and the carb size is 37. I got the carb from thumpertalk guy was parting a bike.

That's not quite clear bud, the tps can't overide the carb, it's a mechanical device & the tps doesn't have any effect on carb performance itself. The tps sends a voltage signal to the cdi on a bike/atv designed to have one. The cdi "understands" the voltage signal & adjusts the timing curve accordingly. Only on something fuel injected does the tps have anything at all to do with fuel control, in that case it does the same but now the PCM/ECM will adjust injector pulse width along with timing. The Warrior has never had a TPS & it's cdi isn't looking for that signal so there's no possible way that the tps can overide anything on the warrior, if anything, if the tps is attached it's just going for a ride, lol!

That's not quite clear bud, the tps can't overide the carb, it's a mechanical device & the tps doesn't have any effect on carb performance itself. The tps sends a voltage signal to the cdi on a bike/atv designed to have one. The cdi "understands" the voltage signal & adjusts the timing curve accordingly. Only on something fuel injected does the tps have anything at all to do with fuel control, in that case it does the same but now the PCM/ECM will adjust injector pulse width along with timing. The Warrior has never had a TPS & it's cdi isn't looking for that signal so there's no possible way that the tps can overide anything on the warrior, if anything, if the tps is attached it's just going for a ride, lol!

Dudes exactly right, thats exactly what the tps sensor on my mustang does. When the throttle is opened the tps sends voltage to the computer telling it how much the throttle is open, from there the computer figures out how much fuel to dump into the cylinders, according to how much air is coming in.

Dudes exactly right, thats exactly what the tps sensor on my mustang does. When the throttle is opened the tps sends voltage to the computer telling it how much the throttle is open, from there the computer figures out how much fuel to dump into the cylinders, according to how much air is coming in.
tps does nothing on a warrior. The tps sensor on my 07 yz250 does nothing more than advance timming.

Back