Anyone running a fcr carb

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattskn

Reaction score
running a fcr carb

Looking at buying one off of a 06 yz250f guy wants a $110 shipped for it, comes with the cables and twist witch I run on my stock carb so no big deal. Ill end up getting a raptor intake, so it can be clamped on, and possibly yfz450 cables if the stock 250f bike cables dont happen to be long enough. My warrior currently was a fmf pipe, cover removed, a filter and a flywheel key advance and powernow mod.. What am I going to gain with this carb over the stocker? I really don't plan on modding the motor any more, just looking for more response.

Last edited:
I think it'll give you what you man, it's supposed to be a great carb & that's a smokin deal! Do it, take pics & let us know how it turns out! I have a feeling that you'll want more power from it if the carb turns out good, that power bug is a pesky one!

well, ****. if this is an easy fit like it seems then i may pick me one up too. i'm tired of this dooty ass stock carb holding mine back. i know its capable of more.

is there a step by step on doing this? what all will i need?

Also, from what I understand you can use the throttle cables & stuff from a YFZ450 if ya wanna retain the thumb throttle. I'm actually considering a 39mm FCR for my build. Z400 guys upgrade to the 39 so a built Warrior should be ok with it too.

Also, from what I understand you can use the throttle cables & stuff from a YFZ450 if ya wanna retain the thumb throttle. I'm actually considering a 39mm FCR for my build. Z400 guys upgrade to the 39 so a built Warrior should be ok with it too.

What bike is the 39mm carb off of? Need to find one to finish off the build

Set the ball in motion on the 37 from the 250f. Ill let you know more when it shows up.

Just payed for the carb its off a 03 yz250f along with the throttle cables and twist throttle. I ordered the intake for a 06 350 raptor because its for the clamp on style carb, once all of it arrives Ill get some pics and jetting info up.
Stock warrior throttle cable length is 39.5" and the bike cable is 40" almost made for it. HeHe:slayer:

one quick question has anyone really studied this carb and the tuning of it?
there is 3 distinct style carbs and 3 distinctly different ways to tune them some have no choke some have a accel pump bypass so have a different air fuel screw and all have to be tuned by the air jet to set the vacuum slide correctly to work sounds like a major head ache i am way to happy with my mukuni to switch to that no offence to anyone who wants it but its over my head

one quick question has anyone really studied this carb and the tuning of it?
there is 3 distinct style carbs and 3 distinctly different ways to tune them some have no choke some have a accel pump bypass so have a different air fuel screw and all have to be tuned by the air jet to set the vacuum slide correctly to work sounds like a major head ache i am way to happy with my mukuni to switch to that no offence to anyone who wants it but its over my head

Ive been searchin all day today and im getting more confused about em lol

It showed up today, the 350 raptor intake is here to, later ill go out to the garage and install it.
I harescrambled a 03 250f for a season, really got it tuned in nicely, hoping for the same results.
http://www.thumperfaq.com/jetting.htm

Last edited:
Back