Accelerator Pump question!!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I run a 41mm FCR on my Z400 and it's a great carb. A bit of an overkill to put an FCR on a warrior 350 if you ask me.
It's not over kill if you want to make power stocker just won't cut it. Have you tryed just pulling the cable off the carb completely and run it like that to see if the cable is hanging you up? Or mixture screw crazy lean? Also the plate on top of carb doesn't have a vac leak? Or carb slide so wore its an internal vac leak that's all I got after reading this.

Cable isnt hanging up. All new gaskets and orings in car ive rebuilt many mikunis, never had this problem, i own four warriors and this one has been the finikiest. Mixture screw has been tried everywhere and in between and no changes

Hey y'all ..saw this thread about accelerator pumps so didn't want to start a new one.

I just got a 96 warrior, tore the carb apart to rebuild and the accel pump rod is broken off and seized in the fuel bowl. Tried everything to get it out but no go. So I've been working on drilling it out. Almost all of it is out now but I'm not sure if I drilled too deep or messed up the housing. Can anyone post a picture looking into the hole it rides in so I can compare please? Thanks in advance!

Ill snap one for you tomarrow. If u used a smaller drill bit than the actual rod size and the pieces came oit your probably fine. Tip for next time: use a reverse drill bit, it will act as an.extracter.and.pull it out once.drilled.in so far

Thanks dude, looking forward to the pic! I did try the reverse drill bit then an EZout when that failed. (I'm no stranger to stuck screws) There was no spring below the rod and this thing was pretty much welded in there! Ridiculous...

I am having this same problem so Im glad I was able to search this. I have to check out to make sure the slide is not sticking and make sure accelerator pump is not affecting it! Thanks guys lol

Back