97 warrior with engine miss

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeh spindle is what i was trying to think of. :) i know you should leave the nut on the thread so you dont damage the thread when using hammer. might see if person next door has the tool to remove them as he is a automotive nut.

I leave the shock on and I hit up on the upper a-arm to get it off the hit up on the spindle to get off the bottom one

Got them all out. no damage. :) got tail light installed and started cleaning up the rear swinger. still waiting for my new chain and lower steering stem bearing to turn up.

Oh yeh dont know if anyone has see it but this quad has got a twist throttle on it.

New airbox and new filter installed. (still need to oil filter and put lid on)
DSCN2055_zps49b13d48.jpg~original

DSCN2053_zpsffe846c7.jpg~original

Fitting up lights so I can work out how long to make the wires.
DSCN2058_zps503c2abf.jpg~original

DSCN2057_zps2cf1f716.jpg~original

About to go out in garage now and work on quad. :) is Nice hot sunny day here.

Got all the electrics onto the quad and did the carb mod. Spring out of pen and tyre valve cap but I used something different and looks better. The plastic white tip out of a pen. Perfect fit and tight fit on the shaft so no need to worry about it falling off. :) Had to shorten it about 6mm.

DSCN2067_zpse0ab8aba.jpg~original

Looks amazing dude! Did you make those flame graphics that are on your red fenders or did you buy them? They look totally sick!

Thanks both.

Flames are a vector file from work. Think we got it off the net. Used the vinyl cutter at work to cut them. Normally use the flames on a stock car that is dark blue and has light blue flames on it.

Just finished replacing the front wheel bearings, seals and cleaning them up. Going to give the front shocks a clean up now and install the covers I got onto them.

More done.

DSCN2069_zps4d0fd6c6.jpg~original

DSCN2071_zps62eb27b9.jpg~original

DSCN2070_zps75711e63.jpg~original

DSCN2076_zps4656ef26.jpg~original

DSCN2078_zpsc8dfa0e3.jpg~original

DSCN2080_zpsabcc51a8.jpg~original

DSCN2081_zpsee94cd1f.jpg~original

DSCN2084_zps1b9f0993.jpg~original

DSCN2087_zpsebebf37e.jpg~original

DSCN2088_zps615746cb.jpg~original

Still got headlights to go on and then start n the rear. :)

Yeh getting there. :)

Quad turned round ready to start on rear end.
DSCN2092_zps5ea3f84e.jpg~original

Testing the new skid plate.
DSCN2093_zpsdeccf99c.jpg~original

Linkage cleaned. Headlights I have to do a little modification on.
DSCN2094_zps010a5c47.jpg~original

New wheel nuts. Also wheel spaces off my YFZ450 that I no longer needed for it so use them on the warrior.
DSCN2095_zps32bc30e2.jpg~original

Rear axle ready to start stripping, cleaning.
DSCN2096_zpsacab3fc6.jpg~original

All apart ready to clean.
DSCN2097_zpsebd185d0.jpg~original

Now the fun part cleaning.
DSCN2098_zps51b76a35.jpg~original

Axle cleaned also got all other parts done.
DSCN2099_zps4b13d9dd.jpg~original

Found this on the swing arm when I was testing skid plate. Weld is cracked. Will weld it back. Would say someone has had it hit something as it didn't have a skid plate on it.
DSCN2101_zpsd5a905af.jpg~original

Muffler / exhaust time.
DSCN2102_zps15605012.jpg~original

So much stuff inside this muffler it took so long to take apart (NOT). :haha: lol
DSCN2104_zps1402d741.jpg~original

DSCN2106_zps2bc21d40.jpg~original

Pipe cleaned and repainted with exhaust paint.
DSCN2107_zps9c57f621.jpg~original

Done for today. Tomorrow I will look at the bearing carrier and rear shock.

Last edited:
Nice. I just started a blaster project. It's gonna take a lot longer for me tho. Work and my wife bought me a new raptor for Christmas

Cool dude. :) Im on holidays at moment and done have to worry about wife or GF. Its a Bonus.

Got my new chain this morning.

Got the exhaust back on.
DSCN2108_zpsc9b1cff9.jpg~original

DSCN2109_zps10793285.jpg~original

DSCN2110_zpsf1c0d64f.jpg~original

Now for something very scary and it will hurt your eyes. It cannot be unseen. I'm glad I stripped it.
DSCN2111_zps6ef35103.jpg~original

DSCN2112_zps6d8b1f05.jpg~original

Ripped for extra pleasure. lol
DSCN2114_zpsb3e7cd16.jpg~original

Looks like one of the last owners had a bearing explode on them and they kept riding. bears in it are ok but not one bit of grease anywhere inside this when i opened it.

Got the tab on swing arm welded today.

Rear plastics on and connected up the rear brake lever.
DSCN2115_zps557e4636.jpg~original

DSCN2116_zps473eb81e.jpg~original

Seat on.
DSCN2117_zps5d3b220a.jpg~original

Now the rear shock has had a hard life. Is soft and bump stop is totaled. Also the little rubber bump stop on the swing arm was totaled.
DSCN2118_zps766fc2a0.jpg~original

DSCN2119_zpsa7b2ac4d.jpg~original

Tomorrow Im going to but the battery in and test the electrics and test starter make sure it all goes. Also ordered new parts for the rear axle.

Had a not to bad day in garage today. Installed the battery and turned the key on and Yippy no big boom or fire. lol. But go to start engine and it just did the clicking sound in the rear of quad. :tdown: Also neutral light wasn't working. So I remove battery check all the earths and fuse and light bulb for neutral. Battery in and same thing dam it. So I give the reverse lever a wiggle and the neutral light flashes. Work out that the switch is dodgy. Removed it and seen that the little shaft that gets pushed in to make switch work is worn so I removed the washer that was on the switch and that fixed it as it go the switch in that little more. Saved buying a new switch. :) and reverse light works when I switch the lever.

Now after fixing that its still clicking when I press the start button. Gave the starter motor a tap with hammer and didn't help. So removed starter motor and opened it up and clean it and found out that the shaft that's in the side of the unit that the power cable goes on had spun round as the black plastic part was broken into 6 bits and was touching the housing and shorting it. Have ordered a kit to replace the brushes and parts. The nuts on the shaft are rusted so much it broke the shaft when I went to remove the power cable. :argh:

Back to good news. :) I got the lights going.
DSCN2141_zps0d91ea28.jpg~original

DSCN2140_zpsafc4b314.jpg~original

DSCN2136_zpse4516563.jpg~original

DSCN2137_zps332554b5.jpg~original

Back