97 warrior with engine miss

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That could have been your issue you were having from the beginning.. Power to ground is never good.

realy good job bro,, you can get a new starter on ebay for like 35 shipped, i have gotten two of the ones from Caltric and both seem ok.

Started the engine today with no problems. The miss has gone and running lot better. Just got to now check if its running rich or lean and adjust idle. The smoke you see when I look at the headlights is from the exhaust manifold paint. has started to not smoke now. Heat paint.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBQRI8k7pk0

Spent today also cleaning, sanding, painting rear swing arm.
DSCN2144_zps71206f25.jpg~original

Some new parts.
DSCN2147_zps090a1b29.jpg~original

DSCN2145_zps3f9ba957.jpg~original

Stripped the rear shock and yip its stuffed.
DSCN2148_zps727c2d11.jpg~original

No gas or oil in it. Would say this is way the rear was so soft and bouncy and the bump stop was totaled.
DSCN2149_zpsc1e2aa2e.jpg~original

Nerf bar nets installed.
DSCN2150_zps1921bc1c.jpg~original

DSCN2154_zps8c916d8e.jpg~original

Swing arm installed.
DSCN2152_zpsf994df47.jpg~original

Just waiting on the new rear carrier/ bearings, seals, spacer all to turn up. Also rear shock is getting looked at today.

What's the best way to take all that rust off the rear axle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I carefully used a bench grinder with wheel wheel in it and then a hand drill with wheel wheel in it for the splines and the thread. WD40 to clean it as you go and then cleaned it with degreaser. Rubbed a little grease over it to shot rusting again. till I do something with it.

Got my bearing carrier today from East Coast ATV. Have to say very happy with there service and product. Also got to me a day early. :) Now to get into garage and get the rear end done.

I carefully used a bench grinder with wheel wheel in it and then a hand drill with wheel wheel in it for the splines and the thread. WD40 to clean it as you go and then cleaned it with degreaser. Rubbed a little grease over it to shot rusting again. till I do something with it.

Got my bearing carrier today from East Coast ATV. Have to say very happy with there service and product. Also got to me a day early. :) Now to get into garage and get the rear end done.

Just might have to follow in your footsteps for that axle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I posted the other day but my phone must have lost signal. There was new shock in the forsale forum don't Know if it'll work for you but wanted to give you a heads up

Thanks. :)

New bearing carrier with new bearings, seals, spacer.
DSCN2164_zps40353433.jpg~original

DSCN2163_zpsfbd78f16.jpg~original

All installed.
DSCN2166_zpsdcb5fed9.jpg~original

Getting it onto the bike.
DSCN2169_zps22511b9d.jpg~original

DSCN2168_zpsc14d6409.jpg~original

Install wheels and check all bolts and nuts.
DSCN2173_zpsb2806cff.jpg~original

Man this cool so low. low-rider quad. :)
DSCN2172_zps7cf4a5bb.jpg~original

Install caliper and holes. Will bleed brakes tomorrow.
DSCN2177_zpse706d1b1.jpg~original

Skid plate installed.
DSCN2178_zps1814fa7b.jpg~original

Tested the new chain. May have to remove a couple links as its super floppy.
DSCN2176_zpsf815595e.jpg~original

Oiled the air filter.
DSCN2175_zpsfe525e80.jpg~original

As it sits for for the night till tomorrow.
DSCN2179_zps8b1c823b.jpg~original

Things to do.
Full and bleed front and rear brakes.
Get rear shock sorted and installed.
Adjust chain + lube.
Oil and oil filter change.
Give it a good run and see whats it like see if rich or lean.
Adjust clutch cable (maybe).

Well I'd wait til you get you rear shock on with a load to see where it sit. With everything being new it should be able to be adjusted in spec.

Did oil and filter change. And it needed it. Black as.
DSCN2185_zps47b2d6e0.jpg~original

DSCN2186_zpsc7fb1fcf.jpg~original

Back