92 rolling chassis

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haulinbass

Reaction score
I just picked up a complete(minus motor) 92 that blew its motor dirt cheap, so my question is if it were one of yours what would you do with it?

BTW first post, so hello all

Im talking motor wise, I guess i should have stated that.
and I have no problem spending money on a well built engine.

is the motor still there? just blown,,,, if so i would prob go with the four stroke tech 446 stroker kit... if u waanna spend the cash... or a 12 to 1 JE and a cam....or you can go full out custom and fab a yfz motor or something like that in it..... idk how it would fit but it would haul!!!!!!

i was gonna say a yz426 motor would be cool but since you want to stay away from modern four strokes a yz 250 motor would be cool like a yfz250 i also saw where someone put an air cooled xr650 motor in a warrior

I remember seeing a Warrior with a CBR600 engine in it on this site years ago. That would make for an interesting project to say the least. ;)

^ I remember the same. He had a vid of him driving around a culdesac. This with that is, the exhaust has be ran under the frame which then becomes to close to the ground, gets smashed up if you plan to woods ride it.

20warrior00 said:
if you were to put a cr500 motor in any atv frame it would raddle it self apart, rubber mounted or not.

getting a bit off subject here, but what would make it different from a bike frame?

cause dirtbike motors dont have a counter balancer, like a atv. if you look at the trx250,lt250,lt500 and tecate 4 they all have balancers.

What exactly are you planning on doing with this machine? For one, anything with a lot of power is going to be useless unless you upgrade the chassis along with it, stock suspension and brakes just aren't going to be worthy of it, you'll kill yourself. Second, as you probably already know, most of the 2 strokes you listed, including that 350 twin which looks to be out of an RD350 street bike, really don't have good tractable power unless you're riding at higher speeds, down low they don't have a lot of torque and it's going to be hard to keep them happy in a heavy quad, you'll also have to gear them down a lot to make it work.

To me, it would make more sense to get a used running warrior engine, sell the warrior for whatever you can get it for, and buy yourself a chassis more worthy of the power you're talking about, i'm thinking honda 250R. Then you'll have yourself a chassis that's light and can handle the power without being so out of control, and without dumping thousands into all aftermarket suspension. Putting a big 2 stroke in a warrior is like putting a nitrous injected 350 in an otherwise stock Chevy Vega. All you're going to to is spin tires and break **** and make a lot of noise, and if you get the power to stick to the ground for more than 10 seconds you'll never get it under control until AFTER you hit the tree.

Its just something to beat the snot out of, I have a great trail system and MX track within a mile of my house so it will be a bit of do it all. I might do a little bit of poker rallys and MX but nothing serious
I might actually have a line on a cheaper warrior engine, My buddy who i use to Race RC cars with(before he moved to Az) is an engineer for elka so I can get anything they make fairly cheap.
I may just stick with something close to stock engine wise, and try to find a cheaper used aftermarket/race frame to really build something stupid with.

one thing is for sure i wont be selling anything, id rather give it to my wife for free than sell to a stranger with money.

Well got the warrior engine for $100(total now $200 for the warrior).
I know I want to go with a hotter cam right away, should I have the head reworked at the same time? I know new springs and retainers are a given seeing how easy the springs float even on a stocker, but should I have the seals done just because its a used engine?

this brings me to the boring and stroking, This is the only thing im clueless about.. I mean totally clueless. Do I send my jug off to be re-honed for the larger piston or just use a larger piston.

as for exhuast I read W.B is the best but they were sold to vance and hines and no longer offer a warrior setup, so Im looking for something That makes good power, has a spark arrestor and is well below 100DB

Here she sits, and thanks for the help and advice
0818ibm_20.jpeg

well for exhaust hmf is a very good and fmf powerbomb header. as far as engine mods how deep do you plan on getting in money wise, that will help for suggestions. if you are going to have the head off you might as well replace the seals so u dont have to worry later. the jug would have to be bored by a machine shop. cam wise look into webcam, megacycle, or poweroll.

hope this helps and sorry the answers are out of order im skatter brained tonight. once we know your budget we'll point you in the right direction for the bore and stroke stuff.

haulinbass said:
as for exhuast I read W.B is the best but they were sold to vance and hines and no longer offer a warrior setup, so Im looking for something That makes good power, has a spark arrestor and is well below 100DB

FMF Q, spark arrestor and its nice a quiet.... less sound = more ground!

Thought this was a rolling chassis? You strip it already? Anyways, my ¢2.....bore to 85mm, wiseco or JE piston to match, 390 cam, P&P the head, new valve and valve springs (versha), re-seat them too, DID cam chain, cometic or versha gasket set and aftermarket exhaust and filter. DONE, good to go. That is unless you got pockets of money and want to stroke it.

Back