357 MAGNUM (02 motor build) Reincarnation of #5 The 357 build

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
images

Johnny 5! That was one of my favorite movies when I was a kid. You're alright Ed! lol. NO DISSASEMBLE![/QUOTE]

Awesome! The bike looks sweet Yamahauler!

What rear caliber are you using and is there any mods or is it bolt right on? Thanks!

04-09 yfz 450 fronts bolt right on rear you need a left front caliber and a custom bracket to bolt it up Duneracerweston makes the bracket

Well some bad news the liquid steel in #5's clutch cover failed yesterday on the ride with Todd and Matt instead of pushing the oil through the cooler and back into the motor it was forcing it by the liquid steel and was getting so hot I had to stop and let it cool down numerous times at least the head was still getting oil but how much or enough I'm not sure changed the oil today and it was a thick grey metal soup so the heat did a number on the 357 first tank of gas and first trail ride and the liquid steel nearly cost me a $500 rebuilt motor the cover worked flawlessly all 1800 miles last year and now on a completely rebuilt warrior it decides to call it quits
Very PISSED off about it too!!! worked fine when I did first start up so WTF!!!

New clutch cover on and working perfect it seams the 357 is unharmed no smoking and still great comp runs awesome too just not a good thing for a freshly rebuilt motor to go through on its first run
way too much time,money and love has gone into this build for this to happen
#5 don't give up so easily though lol

LOOKS AWESOME MAN. I kinda lost your thread progress for a while. Sick frame color!

Lemme know what you think of the FCR when you get it on.

New clutch cover on and working perfect it seams the 357 is unharmed no smoking and still great comp runs awesome too just not a good thing for a freshly rebuilt motor to go through on its first run
way too much time,money and love has gone into this build for this to happen
#5 don't give up so easily though lol

Im glad #5 is ok and you didnt waste your money..!

Just keep your ear open for any crank bearing/rod noise. That is how the crank and rod bearings get some of their oil. When the oil re-enters the clutch cover in goes into the end of the crank.

Sorry to hear about this Ed. Good luck dude!

Thanks Guy's
went trail riding today for about 7 hours motor in #5 is all good strong as a OX
only problem I had was the hiem joints on the A arms started getting so stiff I could hardly turn the bars to steer so I swung into Shopko just off the trail and picked up some 3 in 1 oil and they freed right up and the rest of the day was smooth sailing

Loaded and ready with my son and buddy flipping the bird

Unloaded at the Wild Rivers trail head in Rice Lake,WI

Long Lake gas station had to take a **** lol

so did the bear out just off the trail

Back Home

My 7 month old Husky/Lab "Molly" sniffin #5

Last edited:
Got my custom brass with black powder coat fender warning label replacement tags from MidwayUSA Thanks Alvin they are awesome!!!

Installed the 39mm FCR and custom DRW track special intake set up and let me tell ya HOLY ******* HELL!!! what a huge improvement over stock it blows the stock carb and intake right out of the water hands down this is the best upgrade if you want a huge power increase,great throttle response and tons more torque (this ain't your momma's Warrior anymore so get ya some!!!)

loading #5 up this morning and hitting the trails to really get the feel for the FCR and Westons Intake should be a whole new ball game this time hahaha!!!!

Back