357 MAGNUM (02 motor build) Reincarnation of #5 The 357 build

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got everything in the pic for $85 shipped from a member on here who sold his warrior

otherwise on ebay your looking at around $130 for wiseco piston kit and top end baskets and then another $40-$60 for timing chain
so yeah I got a hell of a deal!

Jug is back!!! now just need head gasket,clutch cover gasket and stator gasket and back together she goes.
and I'll be taking #5 down to frame for "clean up" and paint before the 357 swap since I cant ride till trails open again in May. not to sure on color but nothing too far out just something mild yet unique and to my liking

IMG-20130309-WA0005.jpg

well if this weather would ever decide to warm up by this weekend I'm shooting for complete break down of #5 and frame goes off to paint
and then still in need of a head gasket and clutch cover gasket so I can get the motor together and ready for the Final full assembly sometime in the next 3 weeks

gonna also have a mild p&p done to the head if the price is right will find out tomorrow on that

should be getting the best custom parts of this build in the next week or 2 from the notorious DRW lol! can't wait

Do you have to do anything else with running no base gasket? Or can you just not put one in? And can't wait to see this thing going!!

Well started the break down of #5 today will finish the rest Saturday then meeting my Mud duck Buddy Sunday and he's gonna work his magic and make the frame POP!

IMG-20130404-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20130404-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20130404-WA0011.jpg

finished dis assembly last night put my boy to work while I supervised

IMG-20130405-WA0031.jpg

2013-04-06002614.jpg

2013-04-06002535.jpg

Bagged & Tagged

2013-04-06005439.jpg

Frame and carrier in Todd We Trust!
lol

Last edited:
trying to do something totally different and not like every other warrior
hoping to have #5 completed by June 1st

got a few more things done over the weekend

wrapped exhaust

and got my FCR 39mm carb and DRW custom intake with Track special box delete and Pats custom intake manifold

shock covers cleaned and back on

Should finally be able to fire it up for the first time this weekend
and hoping to have the rear end together and on too

Latest posts

Back