The real Junkyard Pig II

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thing is a 2002! Its got the entire wiring harnes.... Anybody know what im thinking?!!

But anyways, i dont have any money now for a motor but i def dont want a 2 stroke motor. I hate mixig gas. Some kinda air cooled 4 stroke motor would be sweet. Fast motor or not im not doing suspension. Might have to lengthen the swinger so it wont wheelie as easy but thats it.
It is oil injected. And I am not sure if it has a radiator. Because I know that the '95 AC ZR580 has heat exchangers? Or something like that, I know it doesnt have a rad.

yeah teh y dont have radiators, but you could easily get one at a junkyard for pretty cheap, or on ebay

This thing is a 2002! Its got the entire wiring harnes.... Anybody know what im thinking?!!

But anyways, i dont have any money now for a motor but i def dont want a 2 stroke motor. I hate mixig gas. Some kinda air cooled 4 stroke motor would be sweet. Fast motor or not im not doing suspension. Might have to lengthen the swinger so it wont wheelie as easy but thats it.

wahhh mixing gas is easy, i do it once a week for my bike takes me about 30 seconds. and dont use the lame excuse "they foul plugs" because they dont foul plugs when jetted properly, mixing gas is a small price to pay since it shaves of about 50lbs of BS (valves 'n what not) and the cr500 would blow the socks off a yz450, yz426, ect. sorry i just hate when people use some lame ass excuse like that, thats no reason to say no to a 2 stroke...dont get me wrong i love both 2 and 4 stroke engines but like i said i hate that stupid excuse...

I really dont like 2 strokes.... dont wanna dick with them.... end of story. If im not mistaken on 2 strokes you cant just hop on them in the winter if its jetted for warm whether.... Messing with carbs is the thing i hate the most.

If im not mistaken on 2 strokes you cant just hop on them in the winter if its jetted for warm whether
I do :D. Only issue I've had was in the summer, ran it too long wide open and toasted a piston 7 miles from my truck in the sand. That sucked

I think a 4stroke would be better, cause of the wiring if you want to night ride. Most not all but most 2 strokes don't have a battery and headlight. And duct taping the 4D cell mag light to the handlebars sucks

I think a 4stroke would be better, cause of the wiring if you want to night ride. Most not all but most 2 strokes don't have a battery and headlight. And duct taping the 4D cell mag light to the handlebars sucks

Exactly if im gonna go thru with this and hybrid it its gonna be reliable. Being stuck in the woods broke down sucks. The light thing dont have to be, ill have the Swamper for that.

I really dont like 2 strokes.... dont wanna dick with them.... end of story. If im not mistaken on 2 strokes you cant just hop on them in the winter if its jetted for warm whether.... Messing with carbs is the thing i hate the most.
:loco:, JK:haha: Get a newer 440 motor, and it will have EFI:tup:

:loco:, JK:haha: Get a newer 440 motor, and it will have EFI:tup:

problem is those efi's systems dont have anyway of adjusting how much fuel with out being a complete hacker and what not. so you cant really adjust he fuel ratio on the 440s with efi

True that ^. I need this to be cheap and reliable at the same time. Looks like the xt550 would be the best way to go for doin it cheap. The motors dont look everly big and it would be easy to make a pipe for it.

True that ^. I need this to be cheap and reliable at the same time. Looks like the xt550 would be the best way to go for doin it cheap. The motors dont look everly big and it would be easy to make a pipe for it.

I had a XT550,great working bike.I thought about swappin it into the Warrior,rough measurements looked like a good fit.They are a real torquey motor,kinda wish I did the swap.:iagree:

that looks like it would be a good engine, but i think a motorcycle engine would be better, somthing with two or more cylinders, woudl be heavier, but lots more POWER!!

Latest posts

Back