Stroker build

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn Pat you probly should have used some ovenoff and a pressure washer on all of it before you started, would have helped keep ''you'' clean..

It's not the dirtiest thing I've worked on by far! Atleast I'm working over it, not under it like all the cars and trucks I work on. Especially the trucks that go off road. I have about 4lbs of dirt in my hair before I'm done working on them. Once it is down to the absolute bare frame I'm going to spray it with brake clean, then power wash it. That will get most all of that crap off. I'll wipe it down with wax and greese remover if need be. I love that stuff. Not going to have any progress on the a arms until I get more bungs and tube. I have enough tube to do one set of uppers, but only have enough 1.25 to do my stem. Will be ordering more bungs and tube in a short short. Will have to use my credit card... damnit! Have to get two more heim balljoints, and +2 tie rod, rods.

Sounds like you have it all thought out bud,,, i was just saying i would have blasted it just to make it cleaner for me but thats just me, i hate working on a nasty mess,,i no the brake clean that **** works great from carquest,, when i got my rear wheels/rims from HAULER he painted them black so i used some carquest carb cleaner on them and dude i was able to just wipe the paint right off, didnt even have to polish the rims after that!!!

I just can't wait till it's all done. Should be able to work on it more tomorrow. Providing I don't get worn out workin on a side job I have. Ordered new bungs and DOM to make and mod arms.

Have the bike completely torn down. Powerwasher the frame today. My 2000 psi washer couldn't even remove all the crap stuck to the old girl. Went over the whole right side and most of the middle with a 5x8 scotchbrite pad. Looks pretty good. The battery tray support is rusted nearly off. Trying to upload pics, but this storm has slowed the computer down. Also, ordered the Megacycle adjustabel cam gear today. Still can't get Fullflight on the phone to find out about the tie rod size they use.

I got FF tie rods with the ff a arms. Is that the same ones? I can give you OD or whatever you need. But they are 2nd gen. If that matters

All the warrior tie rods are the same length I belive. May as well give me the length of them. I just need to know if they use 12mm diameter tie rod ends. I have the Allballs 12mm HD tie rod kit on my bike already. I don't wanna spend the money on new ends.

Just another little update. I removed all the brackets from the frame I don't use, ran a wire wheel over it, wiped it down, and primed it. Made my extended stem (+2.75"), and traced & cut out my full chassis skid. I have pics, but, my phone's battery is not strong enough to send em to my email so I can post them. I will should have em up tomorrow.

Only rust damage on the frame. Other then surface stuff from scuffing & rubbing.

01300310161_zps1bde55bb.jpg

Tracing the full chassis skid.

02020320491_zpscf881bba.jpg

02020321511_zpsb1071f37.jpg

02020322311_zpsca529394.jpg

All primed
02020321381_zps58c90855.jpg

Painted
02030312161_zps5948dbe6.jpg

02040316521_zps3806d06a.jpg

0204031652a1_zps13e33f6d.jpg

Extended stem
02020323431_zps2ef79e75.jpg

Added 1" of foam to seat
02030319351_zps6ca13abe.jpg

New cover
02030323071_zpsc44ba1c1.jpg

I did the same to my seat and damn near riped it trying to get the cover on it,, im actauly thinking about removing the extra foam in mine,, but yours looks good bro..

Me like lol, how much did you extend the stem ?

2.75"

I did the same to my seat and damn near riped it trying to get the cover on it,, im actauly thinking about removing the extra foam in mine,, but yours looks good bro..

I love recovering seats. This one didn't turn out 100%. If you look at the back you can see the the left corner is a tad higher then the right. I'll get over it, but, until then I'm going to be pissed. Lol. Got that cover from a seller on ebay. All hand stitched.

Same here pat mine has red down the sides black down the middle and yamaha in gold across the rear but got a newer seat coming, mine just looks inflated!!

Back