Stroker build

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just an 84. With it was an 85. Weston was helping me to figure using an 85mm 12:1 je with the big bear cylinder. In the end, I'd have to get the cylinder milled down.

so you'll be running a motor close to mine just a little less c/r and a little more timing ... your going to love man

Well it will be closer to your comp. I don't plan to use the base gasket, so that will get it a little higher. I also plan to use the fcr, so it should rip!

Just remembered, I found that one of the two counter gear's bearing is bad. Can't even get the axle shaft to go through it. Nearly 30 bucks!

Just an 84. With it was an 85. Weston was helping me to figure using an 85mm 12:1 je with the big bear cylinder. In the end, I'd have to get the cylinder milled down.

Yeah you can do what I did and run the JE 12:1 piston with the stock cylinder and have cometic make you a spacer plate. Worked out awesome.. Have to run E85 though. Stroker adds a little compression to the piston...

Your CP piston top quality and very light. It also has reduced skirting (more cylinder wear) for less friction and more power.

Yeah it is a sweet piece. Thanks again man. I don't believe I've seen anyone selling e85 around here, and don't want to use it. 379 will be plenty. When it needs a rebuild in the future I may get a custom piston for it. But, I was on hotrods website recently, and they now say that the pistons are forged and 10.5:1, all made by cp.

Don't have much more worth taking. Got all but the counter gear, ballance shaft, and crank in the left side case. Took out the scotchbrite cookie on my whiz gun and shaped the outside of the jb plugging the hole. Looks good, too. Going to put some more on it to cover and hold a little better on the outside. Only things holding me up from sealing the cases and assembling the clutch is that bearing and the oil pump gasket. Then just need money for my friends boring, porting, and flywheel turning.

Last edited:
Got my yfz caliper for the rear. Got Weston's old stock carrier with the yfz bracket. Got my steel braided front and rear brake lines. Got the bottom end assembled, just need some oil so I can soak the clutch then install it. Got my head gasket. There may be more, just can't remember off the top of my head. Only need the money so I can send my top end to my friend so he can bore and p&p it. Have some bills I need to pay 1st before I can go any further with it. But, once dad FINALLY pays me what he owes me, it WILL be done! Only need about $300ish.

Yeah well, I can't wait to be done with it so I can clear out all the parts in my tool box and work area. Then I can start on another project.

Just a small update. Got the 2nd coat of paint on the +3 swinger and carrier today. Just need to tap and install the zerks, and install the bearings in the carrier. Also, got the 90* fittings for my clutch cover, but, found out they are the wrong thread. Could have sworn I specified 1/8th npt. Atleast the hyd hose store is a few buildings down from me.

Got my swinger and carrier all painted, and assembled. Brake line clamp, zerks in the pivot tube and carrier, chain guide, new carrier mounting hardware, weston's yfz caliper bracket, carrier bearins, etc... Also called and talked to the fella that does Weston's machine work. Sending my top end to him next week. Also, got my clutch cover fitting situation solved.

1228021709a.jpg

1228021710a.jpg

1228021710.jpg

I've got the bke torn down a little bit further then what the pics are. Air box, headlights, bumper, and most of the wiring is off. Pretty much only a roller with engine. Kinda mocked up some DOM for the +2 a arms. Shouldn't be a problem.

The motor is look'n good.. It should look sharp when it's all done.
But lets see these arms Pat. :popcorn:

Last edited:
Back