Serious vs. question

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paintslinga2010

Reaction score
I know you guys hate these questions but the stakes are a little higher in this one. Theres a kid at school that has a pretty much stock Blaster that swears he can beat me in a race. He says hes got a a wiseco pro-lite piston to put in it that will make it fast. So he keeps nagging at me that hes gonna smoke me when he gets his top end rebuilt with the new piston. Now he has even gone as far as to say hell race for titles. Now i dont think i could take his bike but i really want to race him.
Is a race between a blaster and a warrior pretty close? I know its mostly riders and im not the best but i can get through the gears and get going. Any chance hell beat me?

So it coudl be a close race. Ive got a Wiseco piston in mine. Does it make that much of a difference?

if its a higher compresion matched up with a larger cam and a pipe and jet kit it will make a good diffrence.

Tell him you will race for $5 because you would rather have $5 than a Blaster. (For those of you who own or are a fan of Blasters, I'm just kidding).

Don't underestimate it, Blasters can be really quick with a little work. I had one a few years back with pipe, jet, reeds, K&N/no lid, and geared. The thing would scream, and that's pretty mild work. I used to kill my neighbors stock Warrior, so unless you know exactly what he has done to it, be skeptical.

i have the same problem as you. theres a couple of kids at my school with a blaster and the other one has a z250. both of them say they can beat me and are always talking **** about my bike but whenever i tell them to come over and race they always make up some excuse why they cant. like you said it will depend a lot on the rider so practice and get good at it and you can probably beat him

Just tell them any idiot can go fast straight. Tell them to take it in the woods and then see what's up.

Tell him you will race for $5 because you would rather have $5 than a Blaster. (For those of you who own or are a fan of Blasters, I'm just kidding).

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Anyways now that i got that out of my system i got a kid at my school with a blaster thats aways breaking because its the biggest peace ever. Anyways he says im like the werst rider ever and i just laugh in his face but one of these days im going to race him and just make a sharp tern and ill laugh becuase he doesnt have breaks and he will just reck. Hahahaha i hate kids that talk **** like that. I cant wait till this summer when i get my job back and buy my weisco high compression pistion and bore my engine and get my web cam. Boy will i smoke all of my friends. With that hmf slip, powerbomb header, no lid k&n, and edlebrock carb boy ill be scootin off the line. Damn i cant wait to get some money.

Don't underestimate it, Blasters can be really quick with a little work. I had one a few years back with pipe, jet, reeds, K&N/no lid, and geared. The thing would scream, and that's pretty mild work. I used to kill my neighbors stock Warrior, so unless you know exactly what he has done to it, be skeptical.

my freind has that exact same things on his bike and i beat him and all i have is a pipe and cdi box then i didnt even have my k&n
but it was a reallllyyy y close race but like i said i eventully pulled ahead so figured i put in my 2 cents ;D

i have the same problem as you. theres a couple of kids at my school with a blaster and the other one has a z250. both of them say they can beat me and are always talking **** about my bike but whenever i tell them to come over and race they always make up some excuse why they cant. like you said it will depend a lot on the rider so practice and get good at it and you can probably beat him

Dude your 300 with spank the z250.

[quote:78d2jnry]i have the same problem as you. theres a couple of kids at my school with a blaster and the other one has a z250. both of them say they can beat me and are always talking **** about my bike but whenever i tell them to come over and race they always make up some excuse why they cant. like you said it will depend a lot on the rider so practice and get good at it and you can probably beat him

Dude your 300 with spank the z250. [/quote:78d2jnry]

yeah i know but he wont get his ass over to my house so i can prove it

The blaster will smoke the warrior trust I have learned lol

idk its kind of difficult to say, it comes down to jetting and whatnot, my warrior was running rich with the lid off with a clap on and my pipe tires and rims, i raced a 2002 (same year as mine)(which is now my blaster) and we were perfectly even alltho my acceleration was a bit faster and the 6th gear is short, he was on a smooth section and i was in a whooped section (not deep but we were on each side of traintracks) we were neck and nec pretty much but each gear i pulled ahead a tiny bit, ill say maby 2-3 quad legnths, it was 5 mintutes of topped out racing

I havn't read through all the posts but my friend has an 06 blaster se all black. Blaster is all stock with the exception of it being piped. My warrior is piped,jetted,cylinder flaws removed,and k&n air box mod. I can honestly say that I beat him every time we race from beginnning to end.

Without doing too much work to the Warrior besides changing the stock valve springs, and jetting it better then stock would result in a much more powerfull Warrior. The valves float at high RPM causing you to lose power while reving out. When I first put my e series pipe on the mid range got better but the top was the same, then when I talked to FST he recommended just changing the springs. However I went for the bigbore kit instead.

Your gona hear mixed opinions about this but I have the same mods as you now and drag race throughout the summer and rarely lose to quads that are on the same level as mine and an 06 400ex (not sure about older ones) will outrun you unless they wheely of the start. I dont care what people say but it will and as for the 03 z I'm not sure but I know damn sure the 04 z I'm getting will smoke my warrior (being serious, just not bragging.) But overall it will be a good increase.

Back