Rebiulding my Warrior!!! AKA "Red Headed Step Child"

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The rebiuld of my Warrior has begun!!

i was suprised myself, tonight i gotta decide how i wanna trim my front fenders. im gonna atleast trim the black flair off, im gonna be lookin at pics here in alittle bit to see if there is anything more that i like. im also gonna be getting a set of sidewayz's side scoops to put my yfm350.com stickers on, cause i like the no sticker on plastic look.

Tyler said:
Trim them front fenders!!

im gonna i just gotta decide how im gonna do it so i like it after im done. all i know is im not trimming them like yours, i do like to have some fenders there. besides i rode a buddys warrior when he still had it and his fenders were like yours and i didnt like all the stuff that got thrown up in my face.

got my front fenders trimmed up its a mild trim and i may go more. im gonna sleep on it and look at them agian in the morning and see what i think. i spend most of the day messing with my scooped hood, so this was the last thing i did, though i did sand one side to prep for some paint. jigsaw razor and sandpaper and i was done. i do need to get 2 short screws to hold the fender to the black stuff on the back. heres a pic:
2010-03-31185952.jpg

pulled the plastics off today and finnished them up and relized that i really need to wash the frame of. it still had mud on it from last june. plastics are lookin good, frame needs a little cleaning but the metallic silver paint on it still looks good so it can stay for now. have a red tank cover on the way and as soon as i get the hood finished and a seat cover the color tranformation on the top will be pretty much done. i need to refresh the paint on the handle bars but that will come when i get new grips.
2010-04-01143021.jpg

Fix that belly skid in the front and paint your pegs. It'll look good with the added red.

ya i need to get that skid figured out. on a good note my red tank cover came in. i cant decide what color to paint the pegs a arms and swing arm. i dont know whether to go metallic gray like the frame, red, yellow or a dark shade like black. i need to input here guys. thanks.

decided to set the plastics on it and see how it is gonna look, i did notice that when i get my hood made i need to find a lighter red to paint it. still looking for suggestions on the painting of the pegs and other things. heres some pics:
2010-04-05132709.jpg

2010-04-05132543.jpg

Looks great man, Yeash, get the hood and tank cover to match and you should be good to go. Cool stuff!

either black or red just depends on my mood when i get it. the good thing is it only has better to look since it was in rough shape when i got it. the bad part is i think its gonna be a work in progress as long as i own it, which will probably be til you can get parts for a warrior period. so that is gonna be a long time. how do those yfz shocks feel, i could really use to upgrade my fronts.

yea those colors would probably look pretty good. haha i know what you mean bout work in progress, it just seems like it never ends.

the yfz shocks i really like. they do ride rough, but the reason is because they are too long and the only way to get them to fit is compress them, which when you do that, your putting pre-load into them that wasnt meant to be there. so it naturally will make them ride rougher. but they are strong shocks, built a lot stronger than the Work shocks i had on. i have been afraid of breaking a ball joint because of them (i had them on 3 years before i found this site and didnt think anything of breaking the ball joints till i joined this site), but they have been on for 5 years and even had it at a motocross track with no problems. i think aftermarket a-arms would finish the front end off very nicely.

id love to get aftermarket a arms but thats gonna have to wait the wife is already having a fit about me gettin the few things i have. thats actually one of the reasons i didnt end up getting gasmans plastics. other than that i had to rebiuld the bottom end of the motor in my truck. that shot the hell out of the $750 i had just made scrapping out some vehicals. after i read how you fit them shocks on, i started thinking about them cause im 250lb 6'5" i could use a little more of a stiff shock. but again its gonna have to wait unless i find a deal.

yea the only thing is its said they can break ball joints, so thats the only thing to worry about. one day i actually want to do a lot of tests and actually verify that, because i broke ball joints when i was running the Work shocks. if i can get the springs off, the test shouldnt be that hard. i dont know if anyone ever noticed, but with stock shocks you can ramp it hard enought that the frame will hit the ground before the suspension bottoms out, i have personally left marks in the ground from the frame hitting it with stock shocks, so that has always made me wonder about how far the ball joints can actually go

but anyways back on topic lol, let us know what color seat cover you get, mines not looking the greatest so might look into getting a new one.

well i finally got to ride it last weekend and i think with the header and air filter cleaning(dont ask how dirty it was, it was bad) ive finally feeling the power i should have. til now i had to neel an the seat and put my foot in the grab bar to do a wheelie, while i was riding this weekend it comes up really easy. this old girl just never ceases to amaze me. with everything flowing good now, i need to get the next size up pilot jet cause i got some popping on deceleration.

Well hopefully soon here I will be able to get it indoors to tear down for paint. Im straight up looking for advice on frame color. Obviously Its going to be either red, yellow, or blue. Im also trying to decide on the a-arms and swing arm and on top of that I want to give the motor a light color of paint. For the motor im thinking black high temp paint as it still has black on it from the factory. Post up your ideas guys.

Ive been thinking about doing the backside trimming, just havent decided yet. As for the scoop its on hold at the moment as I need to get the stuff to make a mold yet, so I can do a completely fiberglass hood. Fiberglass and resin dont stick to the plastics to well.

Ever think about making a vacuum form table? They are really easy to make and you could prob turn a profit from others on here wanting them.

Latest posts

Back