Pro Design Intake for Raptor 350

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its gonna happen with any filter, and your not going to have a sink running over it while its in your box, you going to have a splash every now and then, so if the outerwear can deal with a full on sink the splash will be fine. Without the lid you have to clean the filter alot more, but its worth it for the more power.

Drill a bunch of holes with a 1" holesaw towards the bottom on the left side and backside of the airbox, you'll see a nice gain in the top end.

Hey, I have a question. I am still waiting on my open air kit (should be here today) but this weekend I installed my dynojet kit and put in the 138 jet. I have my fmf powerbomb and exhaust installed and just to try it out I took the lid off of the stock air box and rode it up and down the street a bit. Once I intall the open air kit obviously because of its mounting design I don't have to worry about it bouncing out but will it give me even more performance???

yeah i did but i havent got my quad back yet from the guy that was re jettin it for me... i didnt think it would fit on cause i thought the filter would hit the lid

i really dont like to do **** to the carb i know ill **** it up but i did all the other work myself i just wont touch my carb... ::)

Tip to anyone doing their own jetting do yourself a favor and first go buy 3 4mm x 10mm allen head bolts and 1 4mm x 12mm allen head bolt to replace the stock phillips head brass screws on the carb float bowl. They are hard to get out and if you don't have a perfect fitting screw driver they will mangle to ****. Just a little venting here. My jet kit for my vstar came with replacement allen because they know these stock screws suck.
Next the k&n filter says it is pre-oiled. Did any of you add oil to your filter or stick it in as is?

Thanks

well i just stuck it in as is. There pre-oiled from the factory so just slap it in... i also have a question abvout that because i wasnt sure how long u should wait to oil them??

I have a K&N air filter on my street bike that I have never oiled. Those that I have asked don't give a time only how it looks or if you ride in really dirty environments. Since I have never even oiled one I need to have someone show me...

Its real easy, your just run a bead of oil on the top of each pleat in the filter and let it soak in, it will spread through the filter in about 10 minutes, after that if you have a dry spot just hit it with a drop of oil.

Latest posts

Back