Pro Design Intake for Raptor 350

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haha yeah but which outerwears did u get cause arnt the regular K&N diff shape than the pro flow K&N air filter?

Well I had to buy the outerwears separate when I ordered mine (it was 12$). Just order over the phone and ask about the outerwears; that is what I did.

well i already got everything ordered. The only bad thing is the pro design intake is on back order :'(
and death where did u order it from?

i just cant wait till it comes its gonna be a good increase from what ive heard ;D

Hey, I have the Uni foam filter that cost like $28. What would I need to take the lid off? Can I buy the intake adapter by itself somewhere. If so does anyone have an item #

If its a stock replacement filter it won't work, the adapter kits use a clamp on filter instead of the slide in filter. The UNI pro design is around 80 bucks for the kit.

I Have the NU 2295ST which looks just like the one in the $89 kit but without the adapter. It has the clamp on the end also but is designed to go over the stock adapter that goes into the lid... If that makes sense...

So are you saying that this filter just slides in like a regular one? I don’t quite understand this kit you are describing. If it doesn’t bolt in with an O-Ring seal nice and tight to keep out everything but air that depletes the entire purpose of buying a kit for the box.

No, I went ahead and ordered the kit so I will compare when I get it just to see if it is the same.
Thanks
then it wont work cause u can screw it in to the pro design mount

The Outerwears pre-filter by no means restricts the flow THAT much to bring it close to a foam filter (it works because water molecules are larger then air). Outerwears pre-filters are $12.00 and are VERY water repellent. To show why the K&N Pro Design conversion kit with pre-charger is a good idea I made a video to show just how water repellent the pre-filter is! I turned my sink on high let it run over it and 3 drops made it through; check it out for yourself. You will need a QuickTime player to play this video - http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/ or Real Player.

Check out the sink test! http://24.161.54.63/pubdl/outerwears.MOV Lets see a foam filter do that!

And if you ever get thirsty on the trail you can take the pre-filter off & use it as a cup - well you could... :p

portablecup.jpg

A high-flow K&N air filter with an Outerwears pre-filter offers superior flow and water resistance when compared to a foam filter. The Outerwears pre-filter also decreases your cleaning/servicing time of your K&N since it pre-filters lots of stuff; just take it off and shake it around then slide it back on.

Here is my "new"/old kit:

prodesignkit.jpg

*Remember boys and girls - foam sponges are for cleaning your balls and washing dishes; K&Ns go on motors. :cool:
there was still wetness inside the outerwear tho cause i tried it and the inside of it was damp but no like drops of water went through

I turned my sink on high let it run over it and 3 drops made it through The amount of water being put on the pre-filter and not getting through though is awesome. I you were to run it on a foam filter it would be soaked.

Latest posts

Back