New Tater' Cannon! *UPDATE* FUEL INJECTION!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know, we might end up getting arrested. To use pvc with oxygen you place one tube in another and cement the gap between with a glue or quickrete. It would be heavy, but that is a good thing, less velocity in the recoil and more accurate. Just tripod that bitch!!!

Yeah I know all about sleeving, we sleeve our golf ball barrels. What would be your solution for the fittings? I tried MAPP gas and we actually got a nice gain from it. The other thing regarding oxygen would be cost; O2 goes very quickly and is expensive ($9.00 a cylinder - propane is $3.00) :(, BUT an OX mix mmm…

Weight is also an issue for me; I want to be able to run with it easily...

We have a tripod setup for it now; I am working on two handles. ;D

That is the easy part (fitting the pieces together). Simply use the tapered reducer by pvc glueing it to the barrel, and then run thick bolts through it, and place a larger tube over it and cement the diff on that as well. Let the larger tube overlap the barrel (only part of it) as well. When it comes to cannons there isn't too many ways of making it lightweight with the materials we have at our dispose. You can use a jug of epoxy or gap filling glue to fill the gap as well, that would save some weight over the concrete.

If you want more bang for the buck go for black powder, that usually works... ;D ;D ;D

[quote:9sipp3uz]...Weight is also an issue for me; I want to be able to run with it easily...

...who would you need to be running from??

;D[/quote:9sipp3uz]

Angered damaged property owners, physical bodily damage mishaps from stray potatoes, and ehh …the piggies! ;)

That is the easy part (fitting the pieces together). Simply use the tapered reducer by pvc glueing it to the barrel, and then run thick bolts through it, and place a larger tube over it and cement the diff on that as well. Let the larger tube overlap the barrel (only part of it) as well. When it comes to cannons there isn't too many ways of making it lightweight with the materials we have at our dispose. You can use a jug of epoxy or gap filling glue to fill the gap as well, that would save some weight over the concrete.

If you want more bang for the buck go for black powder, that usually works... ;D ;D ;D

Ok what about the endcap and the "top" of the bushings? We don’t waste black powder on such foolishness; it goes into more practical causes. ;D

I don't know man I still wouldn't feel safe; we have used O2 enriched **** before and that is some DANGEROUS stuff lol. Not to mention I would have to make another "Injection rail" and that would be another $50.00 :(.

i was nearly arrested this year once down here at school for tater gun. they took my buddy to the station instead of me but he ended up getting out of it. It was quite an interesting experience and ive never seen a cop that mad lol

I know exactly what I'm doing, the problem is when retards listen to what I've done and don't follow the directions right. When I was in high school a dumbshit didn't listen to me when I said NOT to use crystal drano and misc **** in drano bombs and he got his face nearly eaten off by acid. Goes to show if you plan on misusing such devices and don't have the knowledge to make them, DON'T ******* MAKE THEM!!! Leave the bazooka making activities to us advanced chem and physics nerds, it just works out better for you. ;D I was also in trouble for **** at school, only problem was I went to the station, and eventually got expelled for a year. When the time came to go back I graduated with almost two years of college already. Stupid part was I didn't even damage anything or threaten anyone, I simply set a pyro display for the end of the year celebration!!! This happened to be the year right before the trenchcoat **** happened at colombine luckily, otherwise I'd be in jail probably!!!

i made a mini potato gun one time :-D but then i lost it :-(

Was it pneumatic or combustion, what was your design? Over/under or straight chamber & barrel? What parts did you use?

Lever action or pump? Right hand or left hand twist?

It's ALMOST there!

Leak testing in the jacuzzi:

jacuzzi1.jpg

AH-HAH, FOUND ONE @ 130 PSI!:

jacuzzi2.jpg

For my mini tater gun, i used a chapstick bottle for the cumbustion chamber, and a pen for the barrel. I took the igniter out of the long nosed lighter and it has posative and negative wires. I just put two tacks through the chapstick bottle, and hooked the wires to the tacks so it would spark. Then u stab it into a tater and use the tiny chunk for ammo. :) will get pics soon.

For my mini tater gun, i used a chapstick bottle for the cumbustion chamber, and a pen for the barrel. I took the igniter out of the long nosed lighter and it has posative and negative wires. I just put two tacks through the chapstick bottle, and hooked the wires to the tacks so it would spark. Then u stab it into a tater and use the tiny chunk for ammo. :) will get pics soon.

What about fuel? How would you control such a small bit of fuel!? That’s a hella’ small chamber and u could probably flood it in a blink of an eye with a lighter.

yea, it is ****** hard to get the right amount in it.

Id imagine extremely... My entire effort in making a propane injection cannon was due to fuel mixture, the propane must be with in 2-4% of the over all chamber volume to work correctly. That is also VERY hard to do by hand and get the same results. The injection system allows metered fuel to enter the chamber for the exact same mixture all the time. Once you find the sweet spot PSI you are golden!

I would say get a video, but you never know who will see it. If you wonder who put that video of the class B 1/4 stick in the state park garbage can on bigboys.com you know now! ::) That fucker flew over 30 ft in the air!!!

Latest posts

Back